If There's a God, Please let Bon Jovi Die...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadForIt

Refugee
Jon Bon Jovi, 48, said he was "very proud" of the band's achievement and said Irish band U2 - beaten to second place in the chart - must be "paying attention".
"It doesn't mean anything to the public," he added. "But in the industry, all your peers are going to look at it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11981964

What an idiot
Bono should knock him out

Bon Jovi are a joke of a band. Only the mentally ill go to see them live.

U2 wipe the floor with them any day

u2 played to near 100,000 people in auckland over two nights. bon jovi are chased out of the same stadium with a show date barely a week later and into a 14,000 seat arena...and didn't seem to need to offer refunds.

and bon jovi had been on sale months before u2.

Strong words, Oasis kid.

What chart? Is this for the highest selling tour of the year or whatever?

That does suck that our guys were beaten by the Jov. But it's clearly because they stopped playing NLOTH.

Strong words, Oasis kid.

What chart? Is this for the highest selling tour of the year or whatever?

That does suck that our guys were beaten by the Jov. But it's clearly because they stopped playing NLOTH.
possibly the billboard concert wtfever charts?

apparently bon jovi have played more shows and/or to more people this year.

but u2 did kinda cancel a huge leg of their tour in the us, which probably isn't insignificant.

I was supposed to go to Bon Jovi in Wellington, got my tickets and everything. But then U2 came a calling and decided bugger bon jovi im going to Auckland and Melbourne, didnt even bother with trying to sell the bon jovi tickets:hyper:

yep its the boxscores

but in general

He is so annoying - they are not a proper band at all.

Bon Jovi went on the x factor for gods sake no real rock band would ever consider doing that , stuff like the x factor is totally against the roots of rock n roll.

There a pop group in my eyes and a very boring one at that in my opinion.

Bon Jovi have one good tune - Living on a Prayer. They are a bunch of suck ups. No talent, no charisma. Just a nothing band. Only reason they are big is because they are from the USA and in general, USA has a shocking taste in music.

Every time I hear the name "Bon Jovi" I only feel the need to laugh, no rants required.

he's making his name in oz at the moment being #1 ticketholder of a bunch of nobody cares sports teams.

bono? he's doing whatever the fuck he wants

Is Bono okay? :sad:

Wait until BJ sees the overall numbers for the 360 tour once it's completely finished. Then he'll see what's what.

Um...I don't like Bon Jovi, either, but I certainly don't wish death upon him for selling a few more concert tickets than U2. :huh:

U2 is catching up to the Rolling Stones for all time gross. :shrug: I'm sure Bono has heard lots of jealousy and hate from rival bands for 30 years so this is just more of the same. Anyone who wants Bon Jovi to die should read the lyrics to Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me. When was the last great Bon Jovi album if there is such a thing?

Yeah, wishing death on someone ... even a singing hairdo (as one of my friends calls him) ... puts you on Santa's naughty list for sure.

You're getting no more than a lump of coal in your stocking, madforit.

1.There isn't a God.
2. Bon Jovi's time will come.
3. If you're going to take friendly snarks against U2 personally, there's a forum right over yonder for you.

Do you think if someone reminded Bon Jovi that U2 had to cancel a whole bunch of shows so that Bono could get spinal surgery, he'd be gloating so much?

I also wonder if he mentioned anything about stealing U2's stage...:wink:

That too.

But then again, when you take into account ACDC placing 3rd, you realize that list has absolutely nothing to do with musical relevance either way.

And my last point, because I really dont care all that much: U2 came in second by playing only 22 shows. I wonder how many Bon Jovi played (12 in London alone plus North America, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Seems like a case of quantity over quality, but I clearly just hate Bon Jovi)

Edit: It's actually right there in the first paragraph. 69 shows to U2's 22. Fuck you Bon Jovi

This didn't include the Down Under leg for U2, and Bon Jovi played more than 3x as many shows, if I remember correctly U2's attendance still might have been higher. He should also note that this is only 1 portion of a 3 year tour. Next year when 360 is the biggest tour of all time I bet he'll remain silent.

And my last point, because I really dont care all that much: U2 came in second by playing only 22 shows. I wonder how many Bon Jovi played (12 in London alone plus North America, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Seems like a case of quantity over quality, but I clearly just hate Bon Jovi)

Bon Jovi played 69 shows for the year.

/discussion

Friggin' Jive.

My favorite random Livin' On a Prayer moment -

some years ago I went to see an ABBA tribute band (Bjorn Again; they were awesome), and in the set break, the ladies went back stage to change, and the men kicked into Livin' On a Prayer.

I can't lie - it was both hilarious and AWESOME.

I love how you'll gladly talk about how awesome a moment was at an ABBA tribute band... playing BJ no less! :D

I was at the Patriots/Lions Thanksgiving game in 2002 and Bon Jovi played the halftime show, it was the first season of Ford Field and the show used pyrotechnics, they clearly hadn't thought ahead about clearing the smoke and the whole upper deck was obscured in a haze for the second half, you could even hear them turning on a lot of vents to attempt to suck it out/make it dissipate it. Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom