If There's a God, Please let Bon Jovi Die...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But then again, when you take into account ACDC placing 3rd, you realize that list has absolutely nothing to do with musical relevance either way.

soooo a massive amount of people liking a band in no way contributes to whether or not they are relevant? got it.

i'm sure a shit load of people say the exact same thing about u2 placing second.

This from the land who spawned Jedward.

jedward are irish

and as for bon jovi's oasis put down, hardly funny.

unlike sir noel

Would you blow Glastonbury out for Bon Jovi if he said come and co-headline with me for three nights? "
He did, actually. We turned him down. Turned loads down, actually. Turned down Bon Jovi, turned down The Rolling Stones at Wembley, turned down the David Bowie world tour. The only thing we're committed to is the REM show.

"We could've done them, too, I think everyone expected us to do The Stones shows, and I personally wanted to but it would've held up the album too much. But the Bon Jovi show, well, nah, it's not worth the humiliation

:lol:

soooo a massive amount of people liking a band in no way contributes to whether or not they are relevant? got it.

i'm sure a shit load of people say the exact same thing about u2 placing second.

Yes on both counts :shrug:

If you're suggesting that ACDC are relevant, then your musical opinion means very little to me anyway

In terms of popularity and touring ACDC is relevant but if you just look at the music then of course they're not but with NLOTH that also seems the case for U2.

Pop and derivative hip-hop are what is 'relevant' now, for that reason I don't lament U2 not being so, creative rock music and most rock music in general is barely on life-support in the mainstream now.

Pop and derivative hip-hop are what is 'relevant' now, for that reason I don't lament U2 not being so, creative rock music and most rock music in general is barely on life-support in the mainstream now.

Mainstream and relevant are not one and the same

I'm not sure why people are offended by this thread when we have another one about GAF killing tour openers.

I realized how much of a hypocrite I would be for saying something about the thread title immediately.

Jon Bon Jovi, 48, said he was "very proud" of the band's achievement and said Irish band U2 - beaten to second place in the chart - must be "paying attention".
"It doesn't mean anything to the public," he added. "But in the industry, all your peers are going to look at it."

BBC News - Bon Jovi top Billboard touring chart

What an idiot
Bono should knock him out

Bon Jovi are a joke of a band. Only the mentally ill go to see them live.

U2 wipe the floor with them any day

Wow harsh words, yet soo effected by them..

I freakin love Bon Jovi..Nuff said :heart:

Am I the only one who read that as a lighthearted competition joke sort of thing?

I can't really hate Bon Jovi, either. When I was a little kid I used to like "Livin' On A Prayer", and my sister was, don't know if she still is, a big fan of them, too, so...yeah. *Shrugs*

Angela

I realized how much of a hypocrite I would be for saying something about the thread title immediately.

I thought GAF was just going to gently injure the opening acts in question. I don't want The Fray to die. I just want them to go away from U2.

I don't know about wishing death on Jon Bon Jovi (is that even his real name?!), he seems nice enough, but just sings in a band that makes annoyingly bland music and has an very unpleasant vocal and pointless lyrics.

Like AC/DC (who I detest more than anyone, along with P!NK), i'd just rather Bon Jovi shut up shop and retire from touring and recording. I'd be very happy for that to happen. To just go away, not die.

Though I did enjoy two of his solo singles more than the band stuff, one was Midnight In Chelski, the other I can't remember the name of, but they were quality easy listening back in the 90's.

I think this quote could be adapted to discussing Bon Jovi, adapted from a Morrissey quote in relation to the Pommy royals;

"William and Kate are so dull as people that it is actually impossible to discuss them"

Same applies to Bon Jovi, I'd say. Though the fact that this has stretched out to 5 pages seems to contradict that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom