If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me? - new Britney Spears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that supposed to be a Monty Python reference? Because you FUCKED IT UP, GAAAAF

.......i did not :(

And under normal circumstances, I would not. But for you Gaf.... ok

leave-britney-alone.jpg

Song's fine, but this incredibly basic ground for Britney. She's written this song like twenty times now. Nothing groundbreaking.

Awful, even by modern pop standards. I feel bad for her living a train wreck lifestyle, but if there's justice this will crash and burn. Why doesn't she just move on to judging American Idol or something, or just go live life.

Song's fine, but this incredibly basic ground for Britney. She's written this song like twenty times now. Nothing groundbreaking.

Well, she certainly didn't write it.

Dr. Luke and Max Martin, again.

Kinda cool, though, because it was Brit that really put Max Martin on the map as a top tier pop writer/producer.

If you remember, go way back in the time machine, they worked together on a little song called "...Baby One More Time.'' :heart::heart::heart:

Some friendships in the industry do last.

Not a Britney Spears fan (but heard her music over the years), but the song is sort of meh as always. I did like the Circus album however :reject:. She had better songs when she had GaGa status in the late 90's and 00's.

Awful, even by modern pop standards. I feel bad for her living a train wreck lifestyle, but if there's justice this will crash and burn. Why doesn't she just move on to judging American Idol or something, or just go live life.

You're out of your element, Donny.

You don't like the song and that's perfectly fine, but you act as if Britney isn't incredibly popular still.

Read up. She is. This is not some sort of washed-up has been pop star. Her last album went to #1, had a clutch of big radio singles, and she had a sold out world tour. She is just as popular right now as she has ever been. "Hold It Against Me" has already set radio play records. Crash and burn? Too late for that, sorry.

And a train wreck lifestyle? Yeah, she went through that very public rough phase where she was all over the place but that was, ummm....4 years ago. What has she done recently that could be in any way construed as a "trainwreck lifestyle?" She's been very quiet, working on her album.

Sorry, but I just don't abide blind and ignorant hatred.

This is like a bad Ke$ha song ("Take It Off") mixed with terrible 90's Eurodance/Eurotrash...

You're awfully defensive of her GAF. Is there something you're not telling us?

I'm glad she's cleaned up her life. I'm not a huge fan of her music, I like a few songs but she does top the charts and has more money than she knows what to do with so she must be doing something right.

I'm awfully defensive of most everything that I like. And when someone like ph24 leaves an ill-informed curveball hanging over the middle of the plate like that, I'm going to swing at it.

Why doesn't she just move on to judging American Idol or something, or just go live life.

Come on. Girl has a hugely successfully career. Why would she just disappear or stop making music? That's all I was saying.

I honestly have barely liked a thing she's done since "Everytime". She had something right there, and I wish she'd traveled down that path. What she's doing now isn't anything special, that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but it doesn't blow me away like "Everytime" did.

She just tends to go for the LCD (there ya go Jive) when it comes to the subject matter of her songs. In this case sexy/dirty. Pretty much, she's been doing that since the beginning, but there always seemed to be few singles mixed in like "Everytime" (earlier and more naive example: "Lucky"), but that side of Britney seems to be gone, and all I see now is this plastic material she now puts out. It's not that I think the music's bad, but I was a fan from day one, so the change hasn't been something I was all that taken with.

I like it. I don't know that I like it as much as some of the Circus singles, but it sure as hell beats Gimme More, which was awful ... especially compared to the rest of that album, which ruled.

I liked a few of her big singles over the years (although I didn't come to like them until some years later), but I was ridiculously surprised by how much I enjoyed her last two albums. Chock full o' pop goodness, they are.

I don't like "Gimme More", but I find it more interesting than this track.

But I'll stop posting in here now, since I'm being nothing but negative.

"awful" was too strong a word. I used to think it was awful, now I think it's just okay. And at the very least, it gave us the immortal "It's Britney, bitch," which is a good thing.

You're out of your element, Donny.

You don't like the song and that's perfectly fine, but you act as if Britney isn't incredibly popular still.

Read up. She is. This is not some sort of washed-up has been pop star. Her last album went to #1, had a clutch of big radio singles, and she had a sold out world tour. She is just as popular right now as she has ever been. "Hold It Against Me" has already set radio play records. Crash and burn? Too late for that, sorry.

And a train wreck lifestyle? Yeah, she went through that very public rough phase where she was all over the place but that was, ummm....4 years ago. What has she done recently that could be in any way construed as a "trainwreck lifestyle?" She's been very quiet, working on her album.

Sorry, but I just don't abide blind and ignorant hatred.

I don't blindly hate her, I think her music sucks, but I have nothing against her as a person, I have a lot of epathy for her, I feel like she's one o these people who had fame forced upon her by showparents and hadn't really been given a real chance to grow up/mature, which shes had to try to do too little too late. When I said go oive your life it wasn't a dig, it was wishing she coukd just be happy instead of having to strive to be a relevant pop act to the (yes, now it's a meme around here) LCD. Let's be fair, she's never gone out of the limelight, but outside of having some top 20 songs last time out, she's hardly "immensely popular".

Back
Top Bottom