If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me? - new Britney Spears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the video is supposed to be a wacky depiction of her career (pure pop princess is created and rises, but then she busts free and breaks down by shooting colorful paint all over her pureness before collapsing, doing some kung fu and then rising again), but I just don't like the video that much.

Huh. The only thing I can tell you about the video is that is registers a disappointing 1 on the chub meter and the only reason it scores that high is because you get a little movement when the video first comes on and you think, "Hey! A Britney video." Then nothing.

Britney represents every guys nightmare because her career/life trajectory perfectly outlines that fear.

We first encounter Ms. Spears as a nubile Lolita who is eager to explore her sexuality and at least seems like she wants you to help her in that endeavor.

1124-hit-me-baby-one-more-time-video-britney-spears_li.jpg

For awhile, that promise of hot, hot sexuality only got hotter.

BritneySpears_ImASlave4U_hkb21.jpg

britney_spears_toxic.gif

and then, she decides to settle down, get married and have some kids. What happens next?

britneys%20blown%20pupils.jpg

fat-britney-300x248.jpg

britneylookingood.jpg

britney-shaved-her-head.jpg

britney240207X17_468x498.jpg

I shudder involuntarily whenever I see a picture of her.

under the weather and being beaten senseless at work. at least i still have Memphis to cook and clean.

you?

I'm doing well (with the exception of a possibly torn rotator cuff). We've found a good tenant for our house, I've handed off the remainder of my cases and I've got a month of down time before we move out west.

I haven't seen you around here much lately. Are you saving the world one FYM argument at a time?

I haven't seen you around here much lately. Are you saving the world one FYM argument at a time?

i took an extended break from Interference in general last fall, due to some personal tragedies and a month-long vacation/walkabout. picking up the pieces this year. i'm not so much trying to save the world as save FYM, though the world seems to be in better shape, yet i feel as if i've contributed to said forum's slow, agonizing death.

Lol @ PlentyOfFish and Sony product placement in that video.

Too bad they couldn't manage to scrape together the cash to hire David Guetta to produce and got some soundalike crap.

I liked "Until the World Ends" at first, but then something really started grating me about it, and it's only been recently that I've figured out what that is.

I'd rather hear Ke$ha sing it. Britney feels like a stranger in the song. It's not hers, it's not her, and her voice just doesn't seem to be there for whatever reason. It leaves me feeling empty when I listen to it.

Kesha wrote it, didn't she?

Britney seems so uninvolved with the music she's putting out these days, and her dancing in the videos even seems half-assed, like she's just going through the motions.

All that aside, I still really enjoy most of the songs from her last three albums. Even if she's just there to put a face on the producers' creations, I still say I enjoy Britney Spears.

I heard a bit of gossip supposedly from someone who knew someone in her camp, that she really just keeps putting out albums and going through the motions because she wants to keep up her standard of living that she'd gotten used to, even though she'd really just rather be out of the spotlight and hang with her kids.

But who knows.

And one of these days I'll get around to picking up the second Kesha CD. I had no intention of buying it until I heard Blow, and I loved it.

I HATED Ke$ha's second album at first (EP whatever), because I felt like she turned up the "I'm a ho" thing up to an obnoxious level. But now, it's more like I only dislike one or two songs and the rest is pretty great fun. She even has a really great little ballad on there called "The Harold Song".

Back
Top Bottom