If Given The Chance Would You Go See PHOENIX Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subnet

New Yorker
As the topic says, would you go see Phoenix live? I've got a chance to see them here in Toronto, but I don't know how good their live set is....

anyone see them before?

my girlfriend saw them in Toronto a few years back and said that the show made her hate Phoenix. But she likes the new album and says she would give them a second chance. I have no idea how that information is supposed to help you

They are very, VERY good in concert. I've seen them twice, and while I didn't go during the current tour, I hear they are still putting on great shows.

i don't know about their live shows, but their 2009 release is one of my favorites of the year.

After picking up their latest album last week, I've been getting into it a lot. That of course led me to you tube, and the live footage I've found has been impressive, at least as much as the album. I'd be psyched if they came anywhere near here.

As a coincidence, I'm giving Wolfgang Amodeus Phoenix its first spin.

And I'm enjoying it.

I saw them a couple of weeks ago. The show was very good, but maybe not great. But still worth the money. Passion Pit opened for them, which maybe made me like the opener more than Phoenix itself...

I saw them in June, they were excellent live although I thought the concert was a little short (less than 75 minutes).

i had an absolute fucking time of my life last night watching them perform in Toronto (at Sound Academy). Amazing sound, great segues.

Set started with lisztomania and ended with 1901. The band brought about 40 people up on stage at the end of 1901, then proceeded with a 1 minute coda to the song. The set lasted 90 minutes, and the opening act Holy Fuck was well received too.

:up:

absolutely. i don't know the band members by name, but the drumming was simply amazing. and the fact that they have a bassist that switches to keyboards and a keyboardist that switches to percussion, and a guitarist that switches to keyboards adds so much flavour to their live set. True musicians to say the least.

And the lead singer, after ending 1901 part A, reappeared in the crowd and body surfed back to the stage, then asked the 40 fans to jump up on stage with him....

you do that bono....

Back
Top Bottom