If Aussie dad-rockers The Reubens win the JJJ Hottest 100, I will literally talk abou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the Murlocs get fucking anywhere near the Hottest 100, I will ... say I'll do something drastic.

We should definitely do that.

I plan to play... well I'd call it a drinking game if it wasn't basically just my daily routine... on Australia Day's 100 countdown. I will partake of a shot every time a song I don't like gets in the list.

Oh yeah... Thrift Shop. Talk about the most overplayed song of the last three months.

There is one bright spark at JJJ; Xan Rowe's random 'picks' on the morning show, including such gems as Peaking Lights 'Beautiful Son' and The Antlers' 'Endless Ladder'... none of these songs will be prominent in the hottest 100 list.

Also there is one (kinda-dad-rock but I rather like it) song that might get a good run: 'Easy Way Out' by NOT GOTYE, but a band called Money for Rope.

I love it just for the lyric

maybe when I'm old I'll take the easy way out
when I'm sick of watching SVU on a slow Friday night
we can take out our wheelchairs and get into fights
riding backwards down the eastern freeway
<something something inaudible>
you're scared of being alone
I might just come if you're planning on going
out of the day room and into the night

I'll be honest and say I have fuck-all idea what Thrift Shop is or who it's by.

Is there a clear favourite for #1? To me it doesn't feel like any song this year has had half the impact Somebody That I Used To Know did last year.

I need to sort out my vote ...

I don't listen to the Js enough to know to be honest. Thrift Shop sounds like a novelty song.

Kieran make sure you vote for SFK's Miracle Cure and/or Survival Expert.

guernsey, that is.

Guerney, ha, they'll have to carry me out on a guerney after the shit I'll be downing on Hottest 100 Day.

Another song that should definitely find a spot in the list is.... something by MS MR. Perhaps 'Bones'.

Marinate in misery
like a girl of seventeen

My money is on that repulsive "Little Talks" song by the horribly named Of Monsters and Men.

The perfect mesh between indie-ness and mainstream-crossover, it is bound to snare a truckload of votes.

I still haven't voted, I'll probably need to add in 3 or 4 songs that aren't on the list of songs that JJJ want me to vote for. I still don't understand why voting for a Rihanna, Rita Ora or Calvin Harris song is discouraged, yet they would still include songs from the formulaic Foo Fighters on these lists. Reeks of snobbery.

I want Feels Like We Only Go Backwards to go high... Cracking tune.

Er, isn't their list just based on the songs that have been in their playlists in 2012? So if a song's not there, it just wasn't played much/at all on Triple J this year?

This might help us out - 100 Most Played Songs On Triple J In 2012 Revealed - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds

Bangarang will definitely be up there (which sucks, though it does hold the distinction of being the only brostep song that I don't outright hate), that Flume song will do well.

And, in one of the strangest realisations of my life, there is actually an Aussie hip-hop song I really like. Great chilled beat (even if it is straight out of Prince Paul's early De La-era playbook) and vocals that don't make me want to strangle kittens.

Allday x C1 - So Good - YouTube

I stopped listening to Triple J at the end of 2009. I haven't been enticed to go back.

I never really listened to Triple J to begin with. Stopped listening to radio in 2002, what with having the Internet and all.

The only reason I would be listening to it to begin with was if I was driving and didn't have my iPod or any CDs handy. I just had to knuckle up and make sure my iPod was definitely always charged.

I work at home, always have done. And somehow stuffing around with what I want to listen to when I'm busy and mainly just need noise on in the background... yeah, it's by default that I hear a certain amount of the radio. Besides, I find a certain level of irritation is a spur to creativity. It's like, the grit that makes the pearl.

I tell you what I detest is that fucking Alabama Shakes song 'Hold On'. Fucking hillbilly shit.

Not sure if that's the one song of theirs I've heard, but the one I heard was pretty terrible. Cannot stand those vocals, and the music is just about as dull and ordinary as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom