If Aussie dad-rockers The Reubens win the JJJ Hottest 100, I will literally talk abou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did have a feeling Paranoid Android would be #1, because JJJ listeners cream their pants over it constantly.

EEEEHHHheeHhHhEeeHHHhHh

Its weird to hear 'Little Lion Man' without the Fuck bleeped out. Fuck is not allowed over here:wink:

All in all, this is pretty damn good list though (minus Mumford & Sons). No way people in US would be able to vote a top 100 this good.

I hope Paranoid Android coming in at #13 means that there will be no Radiohead in the top ten.

"in Australia we have a lot to thank a good many people for... Not least of all Triple J"

On the blurb for Little Lion Man on JJJ website.

JJJ at their self-congratulatory best. If Kingsmill could suck his own dick, he would.

I find it hard to believe the success of Mumford and Sons is attributable to JJJ

Heart's a Mess at #12 for Gotye. Now there's a j-core result for you. I wonder if Somebody That I Used to Know will show up?

It's interesting to see who's fallen out of memory with the passing years. Unless I missed something, no:

Bjork
REM
Portishead
Tricky (am I crazy or was 1995's Maxinquaye massive?)
and interestingly, PJ Harvey

(I rattle off those names not because I especially love them all but they seem examples of artists you might expect to crop up in a list like this)

Gratifyingly, no Travis. I guess Coldplay buried them as the go-to whitebread sensitive band.

YES VERVE.

Obviously not their best, but so refreshing after the likes of Powderfinger being in the top 10 twice.

Would have liked to have seen Travis' Sing get a position. They've been forgotten unfortunately :(

Quite impressed a Verve song polled well. But where is Verve Pipe's Freshman!?

This is one of those songs that I was fond of yet never knew the name of the song or who the artist was.

But where is Verve Pipe's Freshman!?

In the rubbish bin, hopefully.

Charlotte and I were just out for a walk and we talked a bit about what we thought would be in the top ten. Didn't expect Seven Nation Army at all, since White Stripes have already been in the list. I thought Tame Impala would be in there (hope to god they don't take out number one). Pleased that the Verve made it in so high, even if it's not even close to being their best song.

In an ideal world If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next would be in this top 100.

I guessed Wonderwall would be number one. Wouldn't be in my top 100 of the decade, but it's a great song, universally loved, I can live with that being number one.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING DISGRACE that Nosebleed Section was #4. Aussie hip-hop the fourth best song of the past 20 years? Get the fuck out of here.

Pretty solid list overall, I'd say. A LOT of great songs in there.

It's interesting to see who's fallen out of memory with the passing years. Unless I missed something, no:

Bjork
REM
Portishead
Tricky (am I crazy or was 1995's Maxinquaye massive?)
and interestingly, PJ Harvey

(I rattle off those names not because I especially love them all but they seem examples of artists you might expect to crop up in a list like this)

Gratifyingly, no Travis. I guess Coldplay buried them as the go-to whitebread sensitive band.

No REM is pretty surprising, given their stature as a loved alternative band. But maybe they were a victim of vote-splitting? Can't see Everybody Hurts making too many lists so votes were probably split over a bunch of other tunes.

Back
Top Bottom