If Aussie dad-rockers The Reubens win the JJJ Hottest 100, I will literally talk abou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lonely Boy might be my favorite Black Keys song. And this is coming from a fairly big fan who has heard everything they've done.

Huh, I thought Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah would easily be top twenty. The j-wankers have surprised me.

That song was better when it was snippeted in Shrek.

Karma Police and Teardrop turning me on. Loving sitting in a room with my mates with my superior taste in music.

Karma Police is probably one of those quintessential 'popular one people always think of which happens to really be one of their best too' numbers.

I mean it's not like anyone was going to pick Reckoner.

Karma Police is my 6th or 7th favorite on OK Computer, but that means it would be my #1 on most albums.

I've never enjoyed Triple J this much in my life.

Karma Police is probably one of those quintessential 'popular one people always think of which happens to really be one of their best too' numbers.

I mean it's not like anyone was going to pick Reckoner.

I went with Weird Fishes, but love Karma Police anyway.

I hate that you are apparently the only other person to agree with me on this.

So dreary.

You guys ever have songs that may not necessarily be your favourites but they're just really fun to sing along to? One Crowded Hour and Every Me Every You fall into that category for me.

Prisoner of Society! It's the first song I recall ever associating with Triple J. It got big on there and Rage and stuff like that just after I moved to Australia.

Also, fucking hell One Crowded Hour is an appallingly bad song. Sorry Cobbler.

Ew Prisoner of Society. One guy performed it in my high school music class in year 9 and yuck.

Better Man by Pearl Jam?! They have so many better songs.

Same for John Butler Trio, Better Man is one their weaker singles I reckon.

You could say that for most of the artists of the songs in this list.

1979 and Bullet With Butterfly Wings aren't close to being the Smashing Pumpkins' best songs, and as I mentioned earlier Born Slippy is definitely not close to being Underworld's best.

I must admit to always having disliked One Crowded Hour. Among other things I think its runaway success contributed to the ultra commercial tenor of their final album (which I suspect they actually hate and may be why they split soon thereafter).

Nothing compares to their magical debut Sunset Studies.

Augie March are definitely one of the worst live bands I've ever seen, and I'm usually pretty positive about gigs.

You could say that for most of the artists of the songs in this list.

Yeah, I think it's a general rule that if an artist you really like appears on a list like this, it probably won't be for one of their best songs.

In the unlikely event that The Verve are yet to appear, it sure as hell won't be for a good song (I voted for Space and Time), but for bloody Bittersweet Symphony.

Same goes for a surprise U2 appearance. I picked Gone.

If a Verve single were to appear, I'd love to hear something like This Is Music, History or Lucky Man over Bittersweet Symphony/Drugs Don't Work. I'd still say that Bittersweet Symphony is still comfortably better than half of the songs on the- FUCK OFF MUMFORD AND SONS.

I knew Little Lion Man would make it, but after some other tunes showed up much lower than I expected, I'd started to hope it too would get a low placing or had missed out entirely. Damn.

Back
Top Bottom