If Aussie dad-rockers The Reubens win the JJJ Hottest 100, I will literally talk abou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Foster the fucking People!? FUCK OFF! That guy should go back to writing advertising jingles. Still Pumped Up Kids Kicks is probably their best song.

I like Pumped Up Kicks. Amazing what not hearing a song every three seconds will do. Call It What You Want is a great song too.

Fuck Little Talks.

Call It What You Want is a terrible song, but I'll admit Pumped Up Kicks made me sing along while preparing my morning crack.

I AIN'T HAPPY
FEELIN' GLAD I GOT SUNSHINE
IN A BAG I'M USELESS...
BUT NOT FOR LONG MY FUTURE
IS COMIN ON IS COMIN ON IS COMIN ON IS COMIN ON

This is fucking sick. I've never enjoyed listening to Triple J so much in my life.

Born Slippy got in? Brilliant, even though it's probably not even in Underworld's top 10 overall.

The Killers seem to be over-represented, with two tracks already and Mr. Brightside most certainly to be in the top 50.

I'm a Killers fan, but I don't think they deserve three spots in the best of the last 20 years.
Didn't know the Aussies were so into them.

The Killers seem to be over-represented, with two tracks already and Mr. Brightside most certainly to be in the top 50.

I'm a Killers fan, but I don't think they deserve three spots in the best of the last 20 years.
Didn't know the Aussies were so into them.

Those three Killers songs are all pretty great, though. And that album/those songs were wildly popular worldwide.

If you're legit saying that Underworld have at least ten songs better than Born Slippy, then you've certainly piqued my interest in exploring their catalogue.

Fucking word.

If you're legit saying that Underworld have at least ten songs better than Born Slippy, then you've certainly piqued my interest in exploring their catalogue.

Fucking word.

I'm fucking serious! Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Second Toughest In the Infants and Beaucoup Fish are all fantastic albums.

All These Things might get in the top 50....Mr.Brightside will be top 20. Beautiful Day will totally be #1 :wink:

Enjoyable countdown so far! Disappointed I forgot to vote.

I was out yesterday so I couldn't post my thoughts live, so here are my thoughts thus far. It's safe to say literally nothing I voted for ever had a chance of getting close to the 100 so I didn't take my vote too seriously.

Lana Del Rey - fuck's sake, people, at least choose one of her songs that's tolerable rather than this tedious sack of crap.

Two Jebediah songs already? Please. Definitely one of the less memorable representatives of the glory days of nineties Aussie rock.

Pumped Up Kicks FUCK OFF. Awful awful song.

Whenever I hear Gangsta's Paradise I just hear Amish Paradise in my head.

If you legitimately think Teenage Dirtbag is one of the twenty best songs of the last twenty years, you don't deserve a vote.

Some of you will know why I can't take Bulls on Parade seriously thanks to Interference.

Good Regurgitator and Spiderbait appearances.

alt-J, really? Really?!

I'm genuinely stunned Bush made it in, and so high too. I actually thought everybody had long since forgotten about them.

No Aphrodisiac is one of the first songs I can recall ever seriously hating and making a point to avoid, when I was ten or eleven or however old I was when it came out.

In general the list is pretty decent and less that outright repulses me than some of the recent annual Hottest 100s - besides some of the ones I've mentioned so far, good to see tracks by the likes of Underworld, Something For Kate, and Placebo in there - but there's little to excite me either. Plenty of tracks I don't mind and wouldn't turn off if they came on, but little I would seek out or get really enthusiastic about. I suppose it's what I expected really: a halfway decent, common denominator radio playlist.

I forgot to vote in time, and the only reason I wanted to vote was to make sure Born Slippy got
In. Glad it did.

List has a lot of songs that have become more novelty than anything.

Hate Lonely Boy and the wrong Fat Boy Slim song is in there.

Lonely Boy will probably be the song that represents Black Keys on this list and that blows.

Back
Top Bottom