If Aussie dad-rockers The Reubens win the JJJ Hottest 100, I will literally talk abou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A novelty song at number one. Gangnam Style would have been just as worthy.

Where were Hot Chip????

Happy to see Tame Impala feature, though. They are a blast to listen to.

Tame Impala is fantastic, but you knew I would say that.

Marilyn > Laura, as far as Haunted Man tracks are concerned.

Seriously, a child could write a lyric better than "an elephant shaking its trunk for the hell of it".

I don't know what the words are, I'm just really bored with music that owes 85% of its sound to ripping on the sun king, which has always been one of my least favorite parts of abbey road. Because that's what all the recent songs labeled as psychedelic pop sound like to me. The fucking sun king. I hate to say this, but if we're going to talk about bands that owe the majority of their existence to the Beatles, I'll take oasis over any of that stuff. And outside of acquiesce, I really don't like oasis.

I meant to listen to that Macklemore album all year and never got around to it.

I don't know about you lot, but over here in the states, based on radio play alone, "Little Talks" should've won.

Typically horrible list, with only three good songs, the two Tame Impala tracks and Lost, in the top 10. Only one Kendrick Lamar song. No Something for Kate. Mumford and Sons in the top 10. A novelty tune at #1. Unfathomably overrated bands making bland songs with catchy choruses doing very well.

Though the one on right now, "Laura" by Bat For Lashes, is pretty fucking tedious too.

:down:

Elephant making the cut over Apocalypse Dreams was disappointing, yeah.

I can't believe Lost was the highest-ranking Channel Orange track. It's my favorite too, but was it even a single?

So anyone listening today? List is totally better than the Hottest 100 already. Stoked Alpine made it in with "Seeing Red" at #194, and Cobbler will be happy about Something For Kate making it in at #197 with "Miracle Cure".

Also, this song by The Rubens at #162, "Don't Ever Want to Be Found", is far better than that shitty song of theirs in the top ten. Just putting that out there for Kieran's consideration/rage.

Good god Kingswood are bad. After seeing some of their set at the Espy's NYE bash and hearing two of their songs in the 140s today, I think it's safe to conclude that there are Led Zeppelin cover bands out there that sound less like Led Zeppelin than Kingswood do.

Fucking find an original idea, boys.

So anyone listening today? List is totally better than the Hottest 100 already. Stoked Alpine made it in with "Seeing Red" at #194, and Cobbler will be happy about Something For Kate making it in at #197 with "Miracle Cure"

Also, this song by The Rubens at #162, "Don't Ever Want to Be Found", is far better than that shitty song of theirs in the top ten. Just putting that out there for Kieran's consideration/rage.

I've had the radio on so I'm hearing some of it. Saying the Reubens song in the top 200 is better than the ones in the top 100 is a little like saying you've got 'good Hodgkins'.

But other than that, some good songs showing up in the list.

Ack, Kingswood are The Doctor's a 16 year old bogan's idea of good rock and roll.

Now everybody can stop wondering what happened to Japandroids. #123, "The House That Heaven Built".

Wow, Grinspoon are still together?

Surprisingly, "Passerby" isn't bad either.

Good god Kingswood are bad. After seeing some of their set at the Espy's NYE bash and hearing two of their songs in the 140s today, I think it's safe to conclude that there are Led Zeppelin cover bands out there that sound less like Led Zeppelin than Kingswood do.

Fucking find an original idea, boys.

Reminds me of that Airbourne band who were pretty much AC/DC but younger.

What the fuck is this "Mercy" song? Everybody who voted for this is actually braindead. It's pretty much a whole bunch of people doing stupid voices rapping lyrics that seem to have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Wow, this is so fucking bad.

Reminds me of that Airbourne band who were pretty much AC/DC but younger.

Ugh, my brother likes them.

What the fuck is this "Mercy" song? Everybody who voted for this is actually braindead. It's pretty much a whole bunch of people doing stupid voices rapping lyrics that seem to have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Wow, this is so fucking bad.

Mercy is sick. Not the best Kanye-affiliated song but it grows on you.

Back
Top Bottom