i think liam finn is now deserving of his own thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
after opening for his dad's group last year as well as several other acts this year, and appearing on the late night talk show circuit, liam's now headlining his own tour this autumn. :yippie:

the dates announced:
4 September: Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY
5 September: World Café Live, Philadelphia, PA
6 September: The Rock and Roll Hotel, Washington, DC
7 September: Local 506, Chapel Hill, NC
9 September: Mercy Lounge, Nashville, TN
10 September: Hi-Tone, Memphis, TN
11 September: Billiken Club @ St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
15 September: Launch Pad, Albuquerque, NM
16 September: Santa Fe Brewing Co., Santa Fe, NM
18 September: Plush, Tucson, AZ
19 September: Casbah, San Diego, CA
20 September: Echoplex, Los Angeles, CA
21 September: Beauty Bar, Las Vegas, NV
23 September: Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco, CA
24 September: Doug Fir Lounge, Portland, OR
26 September: High Dive, Seattle, WA
27 September: Biltmore Cabaret, Vancouver, BC
1 October: 7th St Entry, Minneapolis, MN
2 October: Lakeshore Theater, Chicago, IL
3 October: Grog Shop, Cleveland, OH
4 October: El Mocambo, Toronto, ON
5 October: La Sala Rossa (Pop Montreal), Montreal, QC
7 October: Paradise, Boston, MA
8 October: Space, Portland, ME
9 October: Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, MA

i wish i could see a few of these, but alas i must only settle for the one in my town. but i strongly urge anyone who lives in any of these cities to go check him out. he's a great up-and-coming artist, and his debut album's been getting rave reviews. plus tickets seem to be averaging $10 so that's not a lot of money at all.

any other fans here? :hyper:

I like how someone like Liam fucking Finn doesn't even come to Florida. I'm surprised Radiohead even made it over.

I refuse to go see the Philly show just because you recommended it.
good, because i was hoping you wouldn't go.

I like how someone like Liam fucking Finn doesn't even come to Florida. I'm surprised Radiohead even made it over.
:hmm: i'm sure he'd get there eventually on his never-ending tour...

Is there a way I can keep him out? Put him back on his leaky boat or something? Send him to live with Axver or some shit like that?

Liam who? :wink:

Seen him a few times already, once he opened for his dad's band; actually twice, but got to that show a bit late to catch his set. He played with said dad at both of those shows, and then he opened for Eddie Vedder back in April (and guested on a couple of songs). BTDT :)

Portland, ME? :hmm:

Would mean not having to go to Boston...
omg, go!!! though if you went to the boston show...i am trying to convince a friend of mine there who saw him the last time he was there go again. not that that'd be a reason to make you go see it...i had no idea where i was going with this :lol:

anyone who reads this thread, if there's a show in your area, i really recommend you go check it out. his record's fantastic, but he's even better live! he's like an animal, switching between the guitar and drums and making it all work with the use of pedals and effects.

however, anyone who knows anything about the finn family might know neil has another son, elroy. word is elroy will be joining him on the tour :hmm: playing drums i'd bet.

:bump: since he's now in the middle of this tour. i just got back from seeing him. so fucking amazing. he is soooo talented, and his best bud ej barnes is just gorgeous and a wonderful singer. his little brother elroy is a fantastic drummer too. the veils are opening for him and wow...they're good too!

guys. if he's coming to your town, see him. you won't regret it. tickets for my show were like $10. come on, do it. do it. do it.

Back
Top Bottom