I need to expand my "horizons"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been on a "Horizon Expansion" for a good six months. I'm currently in the "Elementary Level Education of Hip-Hop" stage.

I keep everything organized. I have an Excel spreadsheet that is my music lifeline. It has every album I have in one list (just under 200), and another album with every album I've had strongly recommended for me (over 100 left).

...I kinda wanna start two threads now just to bother Laz. :giggle:

I have something I want to post in a Church thread, but I'm not sure if I should post it in the newest thread (started by Harry Vest -- not me! :ohmy: ) or if I should post it in the older thread (the one with the really cool title, btw), so I'm sitting here all grumpy-faced. :grumpy:

So I'm not immune to duplicate thread rage. :lol:

As a side note, I don't care too much for Sigur Ros (who I call Sugar Rose).

"Rebellion" is one of my favorites, for sure. Arcade Fire at their finest. But I don't think it comes close to the emotions "All My Friends" gets out of me. It devastates me every single time. It's a perfect song.

Some say he's the Rock and Roll Jesus.

Some say he's worse than Hitler.

Guess which group I fall into.

"All My Friends" is pretty hard to top (thought that video makes it a lot easier to doubt), for the last few years. A shame that I found Sound of Silver to be otherwise almost entirely unlistenable...

Either way, the lack of My Bloody Valentine/Loveless support in here is killing me. Shit comes at least as close to matching OPs descriptions as Sigur Ros, whose only (really, really, yes) good album is still 15 minutes too long.

"All My Friends" is pretty hard to top (thought that video makes it a lot easier to doubt), for the last few years. A shame that I found Sound of Silver to be otherwise almost entirely unlistenable...

Either way, the lack of My Bloody Valentine/Loveless support in here is killing me. Shit comes at least as close to matching OPs descriptions as Sigur Ros, whose only (really, really, yes) good album is still 15 minutes too long.

I actually just downloaded that album and am looking forward to listening to it!

Someone told me today that MBV is playing in Seattle this month. :ohmy:

I'd go, but I don't know if my ears could handle it.

"Rebellion" is one of my favorites, for sure. Arcade Fire at their finest. But I don't think it comes close to the emotions "All My Friends" gets out of me. It devastates me every single time. It's a perfect song.

You sir,

Are rather correct.

I love songs that make me feel happy. Both of these songs fit that bill.

They make me want to jump up and down or bounce around in my chair, with a huge grin on my face the whole time.

Don't taze me, bro!

(PS: I think Sicy said they took away the filter ... we don't need the dreaded clf anymore!)

I never said that. I said I fixed :D so that you dont need to add clf when just posting :D by itself.

Get the story straight. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom