I can't like The Eagles anymore :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you go to mutliple bands' interference equivalent forums everyday? That must be mentally exhausting.

Dunno about boards, but I've been listening to music at a 6-7 album-a-day pace for years, so maybe that's why it doesn't tire me out anymore.

90 pound U2 weakling? BEEF UP YOUR EARS WITH HENRY ROLLINS' FUCKYEAH TENSION™.

I dont really get this thread unless "trying other music" = diving headlong into 70s nostalgia acts in a vain attempt to find something that turns you on as much (or is worth even half the obsession) as U2. Probably setting yourself up for a bit of failure there. And as someone mentioned..how is the first stop in such a quest The Eagles? Huh??

As it is, The Eagles were a band us older kids had drilled into us growing up, had some pretty big hits as far as hits go, and theyre in the past far as Im concerned. Their personal lives/whether theyre nice people? Who gives a shit? I can't even imagine hardcore Eagles' fans getting riled up about it, their music doesn't stir the emotions like a band like U2 does imo. Hardly polarizing stuff.

As for Henley..I stopped caring about Don Henleys solo career many years ago. Tell you what though, there were few cooler feelings as a teenager than punching the gas on the open highway to Boys of Summer..and Not Enough Love In The World is another guilty pleasure.

I remember an interview with Don Henley from about 10-15 years ago when they were setting out on a big reunion tour. The interview remarked at the very high ticket prices for the show. Henley's response was a very arrogant "If they want to come see us, they'll have to PAY"

They've been a turnoff ever since.

Yeah I personally can take or leave The Eagles. Sometimes they sound a little too country :huh: for me.

Having said that, I like some of the member's solo stuff re: Henley or even Joe Walsh.

I guess Bruce Stringsteen would also fall into that category.

I'm surprised no one caught this. The idea that the 'Steen is the bastion of sainthood I mean....

Well, brunettes are fine, man
Blondes are fun
But, when it comes to getting the dirty job done,
I'll take a red-headed woman, a red-headed woman.
It takes a red-headed woman to get a dirty job done.

I'm surprised no one caught this. The idea that the 'Steen is the bastion of sainthood I mean....

Well, brunettes are fine, man
Blondes are fun
But, when it comes to getting the dirty job done,
I'll take a red-headed woman, a red-headed woman.
It takes a red-headed woman to get a dirty job done.

i still don't understand why we think u2 on that pedestal.

Oh, agree completely, IWB, I'm just saying...Bruce is a nice guy (far as I can tell), great musician, but far far far from perfect.

of course he's not perfect. "i'm on fire" was a single!

:wink:

or, of course he's not perfect. no such thing, and if you go basing your music taste off only liking bands/artists that are perfect people, yours is going to be a very quiet existence.

I remember an interview with Don Henley from about 10-15 years ago when they were setting out on a big reunion tour. The interview remarked at the very high ticket prices for the show. Henley's response was a very arrogant "If they want to come see us, they'll have to PAY"

They've been a turnoff ever since.

Thanks. I appreciate anecdotes like these, even if someone has one that tells the other side of the story.

Wisconsin republicans? :|:doh::crack:

they'll have to PAY

mcjabba-1.png

Back
Top Bottom