I band I just heard called MEW.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up:

Danish band, and they fucking rawk. The Zookeepers boy is a great track.

055%20mew.jpg

:|

There are two versions of the song "Comforting Sounds" - one is far supieror to the other. The best version has a theremin (is that how you spell it???) that starts at about the 5 minute mark - it's a 9 minute epic!!!

So I just had to re-visit this post, and just say how amazing this band is. I got to see them 3 times last week between Boston & New York. A couple times they opened for Bloc Party with Secret Machines. I really didn't care much for them, but Mew was the sole reason for going - Such an AMAZING performance. If you have not heard the band go out and buy Frengers & buy And the glass handed kites, simply amazing stuff. Glass handed kites was just released in the states last tuesday. You will not be sorry! I just wish they came here more often, hopefully with the record being released finally we will get to see them more! Those of you in cali still get a chance!

AUGUST 2006
1st: Anaheim Grove (US) (Supporting Bloc Party)
3rd: Los Angeles Greek Theatre (US) (Supporting Bloc Party)
4th: Berkeley Greek Theatre (US) (Supporting Bloc Party)
5th: San Diego Street Scene Festival
7th: Los Angeles Troubadour (US)

mewsite.com

~Bri Rob

I really don't know any song by them... in a week I'm going to see Bloc Party and Mew are the show openers :uhoh:

Jack In The Box said:
I really don't know any song by them... in a week I'm going to see Bloc Party and Mew are the show openers :uhoh:

Definitely give them a listen, they have a myspace page (i know serious surprise!) but its myspace.com/mew - there is also some cool stuff on you tube.

I'll check them :up:

but today earlier I found that Mew is not going to open for Bloc Party, is going to be a local act

anyway, I've heard great comments about these guys... I'll take a listen

I've listened to Frengers (a guy a know from another forum sent me some mixes once and then decided to just copy a few albums and send them to me also). Even though it kinda seems like the type of thing that would have been right up my alley, I wasn't all that wowed by it. It was ok, maybe I should give it another shot sometime.

Back
Top Bottom