I appreciate you guys doing my homework for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
So - I have been fairly out of the music loop since early this year - got a new job and voila, no life. I don't even have an Ipod...just a little MP3 player that I listen to the radio on while running. I lose, I know.

I'm getting a better handle on things now so would like to have some new tunes/bands/scene to listen to when I have a long commute a few times a week - WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT ON THESE LAST FEW MONTHS????

Who have I not heard of and should be aware of? Who is just rocking socks these days and I should be mortified to not know of yet?

Please...shame me....school me...and if it's going to be painful let me know so I can pad my ass with cotton first. Thanks blue people. :heart:

gaslight put out a new record, brandon flowers is to release one next month, but i think most of the tracks have been leaked. i think you'd really like the new stuff from the black keys. as well as new pearl jam and arcade fire, but i suspect you've caught the last 2 live recently?

congrats on the new job, btw. :)

Best Albums of 2010 (so far):

1. The National - High Violet
2. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
3. The Black Keys - Brothers
4. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
5. Beach House - Teen Dream
6. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
7. Los Campesinos! - Romance Is Boring
8. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
9. Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago
10. The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards

Of everything I've listened to so far, those are the ten best. See what among those is up your alley.

What do you enjoy listening to, Snow?

And, preemptively, my top ten, minus the albums Peef and I share (High Violet, The Suburbs and The Golden Archipelago):
Frightened Rabbit – The Winter of Mixed Drinks
Stars – The Five Ghosts
Phantogram – Eyelid Movies Wild Nothing - Gemini
Vampire Weekend – Contra
Yeasayer – Odd Blood
Four Tet - There is Love in You
Blitzen Trapper – Destroyer of the Void

I'll listen to anything to decide if I like it - I wouldn't dismiss something based on genre before I've heard it - thanks B212.

Thanks for the lists - if/when I get a chance I will try to find these...I haven't gotten any new music since.....sometime last year :( Is Itunes still the place to go or has that been replaced by something newer and better?

I'm so out of the loop Mia that I've only seen PJ in Buffalo earlier this year and that's it. Would have loved to catch the AF Island show but was too busy - the new job is contract till March, Is it March yet?????

I've heard nothing from the Black Keys either. So. much. to find.

Thanks again peoples!

This thread is pretty broad, might as well throw in a couple cents:

1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
2. The Morning Benders - Big Echo
3. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
4. Drive-By Truckers - The Big To-Do
5. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
6. Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
7. Los Campesinos! - Romance Is Boring
8. Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part Two (Return Of The Ankh)
9. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
10. Titus Andronicus - The Monitor

Phantogram, LCD Soundsystem and Shearwater made some great records this year too, so I'll echo those who mentioned those already.

When/if you get around to listening to any of the above, let me know and I'll recommend more based on whatever impressions you have. :)

i can't read threads like this. i really want a new computer. but now i kind of want to spend all my new computer money on catching up on all the albums i haven't bought in the last year and a half i've mainly been catching up on older stuff i've missed.

Back
Top Bottom