Hot Chip - "One Life Stand" - Feb 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's not much of an album. Handful of very good tracks (Take It In, One Life Stand, We Have Love), but the rest is mush (slush?). If you want good electronic music in 2010, stick to Four Tet.

Hot Chip with break your legs, snap off your head
Hot Chip will put you down under the ground

Yeah, it's not much of an album. Handful of very good tracks (Take It In, One Life Stand, We Have Love), but the rest is mush (slush?). If you want good electronic music in 2010, stick to Four Tet.

Agreed. I should check out Four Tet then.

It's not remotely Hot Chip-esque, but it's a great electronic album.

Yeah, I didn't mean to associate the two like that. Four Tet is more Aphex Twin than Cut Copy.

I think part of the problem with this new Hot Chip record is that not only does it not hold up to their earlier work, but it fails to hold up to the glut of indie dance music available. It dabbles in dance-punk and electropop, but there are so many purer examples of both that are leagues ahead of this in quality. I would probably speak more highly of One Life Stand if this weren't the case.

If nothing else, though, I absolutely adore "Take It In", so that's worth at least a bit of something.

^ same, though it's a looooong way from Boy From School.

might check out this Four Tet business, don't think i've ever heard an Aphex Twin song though.

I like...this album. Gets really weak near the end, but that closer is good enough to keep me going.

I agree with cobl, it has a large number of great songs.

I may start calling cobl, Cobbler.

wasn't that guy who used to talk in the randoom thread with cujo and headache and everyone named hot chip? the single kind of reminds me of that guy...really annoying.

Chizzip? ....yeah, I don't think anyone ever called him Hot. :wink:

haha, yeah, him. ya, pretty sure no one ever did. which is probably why this band reminded me of him...aside from the whole "i bet there's a thread about this on IF" and "chip" thing.

PS have i told you how much i approve of your avatar yet? because it's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom