Holiday Music 2012 - It's Never Too Early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny Boy

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-U
I did a quick search for a holiday music thread and I didn't find one. Scumbo has already brought up the new Sufjan holiday album/tour, so I figure it's open season.

I'm planning to get this Polyphonic Spree holiday album next week:

103529.jpg

And this one looks interesting too:

61rWx1v3cDL._SS500_.jpg

Really excited about the new Sufjan. Bummed about him not coming here though.

Thanks for the heads up on that Holidays Rule set, had no clue about it. Some good bands on the list.

Well hey now, Santa didn't bring me the stuff I want
And I'm like, fuck yoooooouuuuu! (Ooh-hoo-hoo!)

Mofo, I'm listening to the new Sufjan Christmas album right now in glorious FLAC. Good stuff.

I also have procured the two holiday albums from my original post. I believe I have already hit my yearly quota of holiday albums more than a week before Thanksgiving.

U miss out on stickerz, tattooz, ornamentz, posterz, lyricz, chordz, cool album coverz, etc.

How's that Holidays Rule set? Should I get the whole thing, or just the handful of artists I like a great deal? (Shins, Andrew Bird, Eleanor Friedberger, Calexico) Any other songs on there you recommend?

Travis has the first Stevens holiday box, and it is awesome.
I'll have to try and get a hold of the new one

Would it surprise anyone if I were to say that one of my early favorites from it is titled "Justice Delivers Its Death"?

I like Andrew Bird's version of Auld Lang Syne on that Holiday Rules thing quite a bit. It's on Spotify, so I can decide which songs I want to buy. Yayz.

I think there was a "lightning deal" on it, but the amount they were selling for that price was 100% claimed, so it's back to $5 now. I was too slow.:sad:

May just do it for $5. Were I to buy the songs individually, there are probably 5 on there I'd want anyways.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, the CD is $5 on sale. Mp3's are $4.

Just a heads up, in the Amazon thread there's a link to a coupon code that will let you get one of 10 Christmas albums for $1.99, one of them is Holiday's Rule.

Last night, decorated the tree and listened to my favorite Christmas album, then decorated the rest of the house and listened to Travis' favorite Christmas album.

What great songs these are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSr5EXs_imc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPG3zSgm_Qo

Dragged my Christmas crap up from storage today. Time to start getting that Christmas music on my iPod! :heart:

We decorated the most ever this year so far. Got a nice tree goin', a table runner on our coffee table with the most adorable Charlie Brown toys and really pretty window clings.

Next payday I'll pick up some yard stuff, but Black Friday left me with about $0.

Back
Top Bottom