Hip-Hop Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I don't know how I feel about this, but if you haven't heard, NWA may be reuniting (for real this time) with Eminem standing in for Easy. ATM for a European tour.

Part of me is like, "Oh shit...NWA"

Another part of me is like, "Eminem? :huh:"

I'm trying to mentally equate Eminem with Easy, and I can kinda see it working out, so...I'm desperately hoping they do it here, I don't see how they wouldn't. But, I am always going to be disappointed that Dre didn't join them when I saw the mini reunion earlier this month. It was so good despite him not being there...just imagine if he had :love:.

I think Kendrick would be a much better fit than Eminem for an NWA reunion. He's from Compton, and he can do a voice very similar to Eazy's and probably be creative enough to make it a bit of his own style as well. Not to imply a lack of creativity with Em, but I think you know what I mean anyways.

At least they aren't doing an Eazy E hologram or some ridiculous bullshit like that.

I would hope Kendrick stays very very very far away from an NWA reunion.

I just don't really think it feels right to have Eminem in Niggaz With Attitude.

What?

Anyway, this was announced today, and I am incredibly fucking excited, it's actually real and actually coming out in five days

compton.jpg

01 Intro
02 Talk About It [ft. King Mez & Justus]
03 Genocide [ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay]
04 It's All on Me [ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid]
05 All in a Day's Work [ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius]
06 Darkside/Gone [ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar]
07 Loose Cannons [ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um]
08 Issues [ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak]
09 Deep Water [ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus]
10 One Shot One Kill [ft. Snoop Dogg]
11 Just Another Day [ft. Asia Bryant]
12 For the Love of Money [ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor]
13 Satisfaction [ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez]
14 Animals [ft. Anderson Paak]
15 Medicine Mane [ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak]
16 Talking to My Diary

Yeah GAF, I'm really excited. I totally expected LM's protestations but I think it will be a lot of fucking fun.

He's only got two. Chronic (92) and Chronic 2001 (99). They're both fucking excellent. The former if you want pure g-funk, the latter if you want more radio-oriented (but really well done, the tunes hold up) hip-hop. You'll know at least four or five songs.

I really like The Chronic as a sort of prequel to Doggystyle and 2001 at least has Still D.R.E. on it.

Can't help but look forward to this.

Last edited:
I know you and others don't agree but I like Dr Dre's rapping too. You wouldn't have him high up on a list of great rappers of course but he's a lot of fun to rap along with. Dumb fun. Recognisable, enjoyable voice.

2001 also has great tracks like Fuck You, Xplosive (Kanye's on record as saying it inspired him to become a producer), Forgot About Dre, The Next Episode (although I probably never need to hear that again) and others.

I am unreasonably excited for Dre's album. Ill be getting it day one, the track list and the features already make it seem like it's gonna be dope. :hyper:

Do we know if this is a physical release or is he just gonna put it online? I'd like to actually buy the CD.

I find it so funny how excited absence makes people for new music from Dre because you can very easily throw me in the "don't like Dre's raps" camp.

Still, I am excited. But reminding myself this isn't Detox. He probably worked on this a year at most, so I'm going to definitely be coming at it differently from an expectations perspective.

Also, I wish he had followed through on The Planets :sad:

He mentions Detox in the article. It's dead.

Looks like just a digital release on itunes at the moment, GAF. Hopefully a physical release follows, the cover looks dope AF.

Looks like just a digital release on itunes at the moment, GAF.

Fuck. That sucks. I'm really not a fan of that trend right now because my laptop is basically on death's door and it's not as easy for me to download shit as it used to be. I need to just buy a new laptop.

[TWEET]628363284496941056[/TWEET]

:up: excited for this. With tempered expectations, as I thought his last solo album was super weird.

But, the best track on that (Lines) featured Phantogram, so who knows.

Way too many cheesy pop choruses on here. Reminds me of Giorgio's terrible comeback album, but there are actually some good verses on here. "I got Eminem checks I ain't opened yet!"

Also, there's nothing on here as bad as I Need a Doctor.

Back
Top Bottom