Hip-Hop Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terribly received show, apparently. But who cares what that crowd thinks about Outkast? Awful choice of festival to kick off their reunion; full of posers that don't have the slightest idea about southern hip hop.

Last edited:
it wasn't just the crowd though...my twitter timeline was full of huge outkast fans saying how awkward the performance was, mostly because of 3000.

This appeared yesterday and sums up my feelings on Drake well.

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP DRIZHOUSE

I have disliked his work ever since I first heard him drop a deflating fart of a verse on What's My Name and ruin an otherwise good song. I just think he's a really, really average MC. The only verse of his I've ever enjoyed is on Fuckin Problems (I do love that verse though).

Oh god that made me laugh. I think anything Drake kinda makes me laugh, though.

I much prefer his singing to his rapping, and even then my favourite song of his is "Lord Knows", and that's got nothing to do with his verses (which are perfectly decent as far as he goes) but because of Just Blaze and Rozay.

it wasn't just the crowd though...my twitter timeline was full of huge outkast fans saying how awkward the performance was, mostly because of 3000.

I'm watching the performance right now. The first dozen or so tracks went over well. The Speakerboxxx/Love Below run in the middle completely destroyed the show and Future guesting on non-hits nailed the coffin shut. Then technical problems cut Ms. Jackson short and the crowd was so dead that Andre didn't want to give them what they wanted and literally turned his back on them for Hey Ya.

The way the show was sequenced was terrible and the crowd was terrible. Andre seemed fine until he got absolutely nothing back.

Last edited:
How I Got Over finally grew on me. That album got a lot of hype when it dropped and it was just another Roots album for me, at the time. The transition from The Day to Right On just won me over.

I still don't really care that much for Undun though, don't know why. I appreciate its creativity but the songs don't blow me away.

Feel very fortunate I got to see both the first Outkast show in forever and a fifteen minute pitch for Future's album last weekend.

Andre's vocals sounded really weird for the entirety of that stream. Like that his mic was sort of fucked up or something. No idea if that was the case at the festival.

I'm sure if you were up front it was an amazing time. Sucks about all the lames in the back, but that's why you move forward.

I had a p. good spot close to the front and ended up in a fairly large pack of die hards, so the shitty crowd thing wasn't something I noticed. Only shitty part about it was having to leave the Knife early.

The Future shit was garbage and killed what little momentum remained after the mini-Love Below set but "Elevators" got me right back into it. Really sucked Killer Mike was cut as I adore the man.

For someone who hasn't been to very many shows, I've been at way too many shows where the people directly around me don't seem to be having a good time, unfortunately.

yeah...saw that yesterday and was trying to put it out of my mind haha

"wu-tang affiliated" makes me laugh though. seems like everybody and their grandma can claim that these days.

Here's the thing: if you're gonna jump, might as well hedge your bets and keep the penis just in case the suicide attempt is unsuccessful.

especially if your idea of a jump is from a second story balcony. maybe I'm mistaken here, but isn't that usually only 10 or 20 ft off the ground max?

Basically. Unless you go head first you're at most in broken bone territory.

cool, that's what I was thinking.

not really sure where to put this because it's a bit more r&b, but oh well...behold spooky black aka lil spook. I've been listening to him for a minute now, but he's starting to get a decent amount of internet attention

http://youtu.be/dT2YDdZdE-I

3000's verse on "benz friendz" is pretty solid for a dude who doesn't straight rhyme much anymore. I was expecting that he'd only put in a chorus, but he did the hook, a verse, and the bridge. good shit.

There is a wide receiver who will likely be a first round pick this year named Odell Beckham, and I really want his nickname to be ODB.

p.s. doc mckinney, who produced house of balloons and thursday, has been repping spooky black hard recently. kid's getting cosigns all over the place.

I'm watching the performance right now. The first dozen or so tracks went over well. The Speakerboxxx/Love Below run in the middle completely destroyed the show and Future guesting on non-hits nailed the coffin shut. Then technical problems cut Ms. Jackson short and the crowd was so dead that Andre didn't want to give them what they wanted and literally turned his back on them for Hey Ya.

The way the show was sequenced was terrible and the crowd was terrible. Andre seemed fine until he got absolutely nothing back.

GFY

I will begrudgingly admit the solo parts killed the momentum a little bit, but they were still great and this nearly reads like you're blaming a Andre a lil bit, and sure I'm biased as fuck, but fuck the crowd. He's a fucking legend and deserved a hell of a lot more than what he got. She Lives in My Lap could have been replaced by say Happy Valentines Day, or Spread, or maybe a total backflip and acoustic Take Off Your Cool or a short piano perf of My Fav Things. But Prototype is a great song and was a hit. The sequencing was great if you ask me :shrug: though looking at the setlist we didn't have Future (thank fuck, super happy about that, it's Outkast's show man) and our set was better.

I had a p. good spot close to the front and ended up in a fairly large pack of die hards, so the shitty crowd thing wasn't something I noticed. Only shitty part about it was having to leave the Knife early.

The Future shit was garbage and killed what little momentum remained after the mini-Love Below set but "Elevators" got me right back into it. Really sucked Killer Mike was cut as I adore the man.

I'm so thankful I managed to find a pack of diehards who loved my story and not disinterested fuck heads.

not sure if you guys know this or not, but it's not like they brought future out for the fuck of it...future's cousin is rico wade from dungeon family and future ran with them making music back in the early 2000s.

I totally get that it was outkast's show and future's part might have sucked, but thought some context might help a bit too.

anyway, glad it was everything you thought it'd be, cobbler.

Back
Top Bottom