Hip-Hop Talk II - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #76
The Male

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Glad to hear things are going well. I graduated, bono_212 and I have a couple crazy months ahead. It's going to be very interesting.

Listening to YG right now. This isn't really my thing, but it's a blast anyway. He's a fun MC, good beats too. The lyrics are a bit like Good Kid with the conscience sucked out, but I can't argue with this being great summer fare. Not sure when summer will come to the Midwest though. Maybe August.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Hip-Hop Talk II

Alright throw me in the Piñata-is-fucking-sick camp sweet sassy molassey. I'd only heard Gibbs once, his feature on Old, but this is hot stuff.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:29 AM
I guess I'm going to have to get in on this Cocaine Pinata.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Hip-Hop Talk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Glad to hear things are going well. I graduated, bono_212 and I have a couple crazy months ahead. It's going to be very interesting.

Listening to YG right now. This isn't really my thing, but it's a blast anyway. He's a fun MC, good beats too. The lyrics are a bit like Good Kid with the conscience sucked out, but I can't argue with this being great summer fare. Not sure when summer will come to the Midwest though. Maybe August.

awesome, glad to hear it and good luck with your crazy months ahead!

haha, it's funny you say that because i saw someone remark on twitter that the yg album is what gkmc would sound like if kendrick actually did the shit he talks about and wasn't a sideline observer. soooooo yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Alright throw me in the Piñata-is-fucking-sick camp sweet sassy molassey. I'd only heard Gibbs once, his feature on Old, but this is hot stuff.

I figured this would be one of the first times some people listened to gibbs, which is a real travesty, considering he's easily the best technical rapper out right now and has some of the most consistent output of the last five years. check out midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik, str8 killa, and the miseducation of freddie gibbs.

what i really wish he'd do is release an album with no features because everyone's verses end up sounding pretty damn weak next to him.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #80
The Male

Local Time: 11:29 PM
I heard midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik a while back, it convinced me to get excited about Pinata. DOOM is a better fit for Madlib's dreamy style of beats, but it's always a treat to hear a truly skilled MC like Gibbs do his thing, while the beats are magnificent, as expected.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

very few MCs could hop on madlib's beats and sound good. i think doom and gibbs do it well though.

midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik is definitely one of my favorite mixtapes/albums/whatevers of all time. this got me on a freddie gibbs tear this afternoon at work though...so forgive me while i throw up a ton of videos.

"boxframe cadillac" - i was just reciting the first verse downtown after work...i got the bass bangin, window cracked/breakin down a reefer sack/big money grip with an ounce of that piff and a fo-fifth in my lap/i'm in that boxframe cadillac, swervin off the exit ramp/split my swisha with my thumb nigga roll that hydroponic plant/pint of 'gnac, mix it with the red bull, take another pull of this dodi/the endo, roll up that window/if you see me rollin, i'm smokin, guarantee, fire weed/not a stick, not a seed, pack of blunts all i need/i'm about to get sent up i don't give no fuck man i'm all about gettin fried/i don't know how they do it where you reside/GI niggas smoke and ride/so if you with it, catcha contact/non smokers fall back, we can chit-chat/i'd rather be in, gone in the 'llac

Freddie Gibbs - "Boxframe Cadillac" HD - YouTube

"murda on my mind" - what i love about freddie gibbs (and any truly good gangsta rapper) is that if you're really listening to what they're saying, you shouldn't be hearing all glorification of violence or drug dealing. they talk about anxieties of living in that situation, why they're there in the first place ("60% unemployment...why you think we sellin' dope?"), etc.

Freddie Gibbs - Murda On My Mind (Yours Truly Session) - YouTube

Skee Music Presents Freddie Gibbs "Womb 2 The Tomb" ft Pill - OFFICIAL HD Music Video HQ - YouTube

a few from the miseducation of freddie gibbs...

"what it be like" and "from tha g" - these two videos are great because they're lo-fi and just freddie cruising around gary, indiana
FREDDIE GIBBS - "What It Be Like" - HD Music Video OFFICIAL - YouTube

Freddie Gibbs "From Tha G" - YouTube

"how we do ('93 til infinity)" - or as freddie says at the end "a toast to the pussy" lol
Freddie Gibbs - "How We Do" ('93 Til Infinity) - YouTube

and some random newer videos...

"the ghetto" - simply amazing and exactly what i was talking about above when describing the anxieties of living the way he used to...and to make it out where i'm from yes you gotta do something special/especially when we stressed in these economic conditions/traditionally causing us to cook a rock in the kitchen...follow me and see just how much a man can stand/before we go off the deep end/come in your crib and creep in/help us get home invaded/the hustlas they gon get raided/eventually, but for now they stay thuggin and motivated/misguided miseducated/we barely be graduated/and our lack of skills lead to some daily infatuations/in the ghetto, the barrio, the hood, the slums/government funds fill my city up with drugs and guns/and i can't go for being broke so i'mma go on the run
Freddie Gibbs "The Ghetto" OFFICIAL HQ UNCENSORED Music Video - YouTube

Freddie Gibbs "Eastside Moonwalker" OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO - ESGN 7/9/13 - YouTube

Freddie Gibbs "Deuces" OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO directed by Danny Manhattan - YouTube

Freddie Gibbs - "BFK" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Thuggin' (Official) - Piñata - YouTube
Old 03-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #82
45:33

Local Time: 04:29 PM
GUESS WHO'S BACK
BACK AGAlN
CASSIE'S BACK
Old 03-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

couldn't decide which gif to use, so everyone gets a double dose of the based god

Old 03-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #84

Is that the world's #1 KD hater?

Anyway going to JBHiFi now to look for War on Drugs and this MadGibbany joint.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #85

Gibbs biting Dr Dre of all people on Shitsville.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #86

Domo Genesis fits with Madlib waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I was expecting.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

yeah, domo has more of a spacey thing going on than most of odd future, that's for sure. i wouldn't want to hear tyler over madlib or anything like that, haha.

noisey music put up a pretty great madgibbs story this morning too: Cocaine Cowboys
Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #88

Madvillainy is 10 today.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

might have to give Madvillany a spin today for its anniversary (also! Usher's Confessions is 10 today)...it's been awhile since I've listened to it.

ego trip interview with Madvillany's art director: http://www.egotripland.com/album-cov...iny-jeff-jank/
Old 03-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #90

I wish they'd fix the door to the matrix's mad glitches
Spit so many verses sometimes my jaw twitches
One thing this party could use is more *ahem* booze