Hip-Hop Purists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, hadn't heard that. I dig the track, but the beat mostly, not so much the mc'ing. FlyLo is actually a somewhat embarrassing blind spot for me. I've read much more about than listened to him, just a few scattered tracks, haven't spent much time with his discography. Any recs?

Yep, the beat's my favourite bit as well (though I think the rapping fits really well). I would strongly recommend Cosmogramma. One of my favourite albums of the past few years. I'm a massive, massive wrap for him.

The title is moronic and offensive.

Won't be a patch on this:

Only-Built-4-Cuban-Linx-II-raekwon-2.jpg

Doris is enjoyable but a bit samey. I do love Earl's laidback flow. Crazy to think he's just as old as me.

Banana Clipper: the biggest trunk-rattler of the past few years.

Producer gave me a beat, said it's the beat of the year
I said El-P didn't do it so get the fuck outta here

One of my favourite things about Stan is the Dido sample - it was actually quite a while before I heard Thank You, and I was surprised to find it is quite a calm, positive track. Eminem instead takes a portion of the track and makes it fit the narrative so well, and musically it is just perfect.

Stan and Thank You were such a big part of my adolescence, it was ridiculous how much I loved both songs at the time. Especially considering I never listen to them anymore.

Guys, let's all listen to a hip-hop album together and chat about it so we can finish this thread. I'm so tired of this title.

That's the saddest thing I've ever seen.

How hilarious is the album art for this new Drake album? Some of the most self important shit ever. Just the worst.

I'm glad we share the same strength of hatred for Drake. The cover nearly made me vomit. I'm happy to call it the worst in a bad year.

The Rebel INS isn't even close to Wu-Tang's best MC and the first three lines of that verse complete destroy Drake's entire song.

Listening to OLD.

I wasn't a huge fan of XXX; I loved the concept, the production and the sequencing but Danny's voice grated on me and his lyricism was hit or miss. From Adderall Admiral on, it really gets into a groove, but I was waiting for him to deliver from start to finish.

Other than Wonderbread, side A has been a pleasure. Torture--->Lonely is astounding. I really like Danny's more low key flow and the beats have been very, very good. It'll take more than one listen for me to dissect the lyrics but nothing has jumped out at me negatively. I've heard that side B is radically different, so I'm bracing myself for the switch.

I didn't like the second half nearly as much, as I'm not really into trap. It's pretty much Danny Brown going ignant for a half hour. Nonetheless, Float On is an amazing closer. Charli XCX :heart:

Thinking 7/10 right now, but it has a handful of my favorite tracks of the year (Trouble, Lonely, Float On) so I'll definitely keep coming back to it.

IIRC Impy is really into that sound, so he'll probably come in here and think we're crazy.

Good album though, lots of improvement here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom