Hip-Hop Purists - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #976
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 06:42 AM
How long until Mount Temple changes his avatar to Maude Flanders?
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #977
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 03:42 PM
I like him. He makes my general dislike of the genre look more informed and rational.
__________________

__________________
IWasBored is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #978
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,836
Local Time: 02:42 PM
Except of course that to dismiss an entire genre based on the examples paraded at the front of the mainstream is neither informed or rational.

Which is why we all didn't give up on rock. Eventually the sex drugs and rock n roll phase of rap will stop selling as well as it does and things will even out a bit. There's still plenty - plenty - of good stuff out there to listen to and not totally throw the baby out with the bath water.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #979
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Last night I had an awesome dream that I was hanging out with a bunch of rappers, we were all swinging on monkey bars, it was so cramped. I found a Madvillain mask and tried to rap Accordion a capella as I was swinging down the monkey bars, but I stuffed it up. Once I eventually got to the end we all rapped the entire song a capella. My brother looked really jealous. Weirdly there was no sign of DOOM, but Jigga and Mos Def were there. Mos Def makes sense, cos he covered it live, but not Jigga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
I like him. He makes my general dislike of the genre look more informed and rational.
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #980
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Except of course that to dismiss an entire genre based on the examples paraded at the front of the mainstream is neither informed or rational.

Which is why we all didn't give up on rock. Eventually the sex drugs and rock n roll phase of rap will stop selling as well as it does and things will even out a bit. There's still plenty - plenty - of good stuff out there to listen to and not totally throw the baby out with the bath water.
Except that it's a general dislike. That means there are exceptions. Few, but I am aware that there is hip hop out there that I am capable of liking. I've just heard very little, especially compared to what I don't like.
__________________
IWasBored is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #981
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,836
Local Time: 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post

Except that it's a general dislike. That means there are exceptions. Few, but I am aware that there is hip hop out there that I am capable of liking. I've just heard very little, especially compared to what I don't like.
I actually have to apologize for misreading you initially. You are right: stacked up against the irrational and uninformed total dismissal of it entirely, your mild general dislike does seem way more rational, and it seems you've given and/or would give some of it a chance, which makes it also seem somewhat informed. My bad.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #982
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Last night I had an awesome dream that I was hanging out with a bunch of rappers, we were all swinging on monkey bars, it was so cramped. I found a Madvillain mask and tried to rap Accordion a capella as I was swinging down the monkey bars, but I stuffed it up. Once I eventually got to the end we all rapped the entire song a capella. My brother looked really jealous. Weirdly there was no sign of DOOM, but Jigga and Mos Def were there. Mos Def makes sense, cos he covered it live, but not Jigga.

The fact that you call monkey bars the same thing we do blew my mind, for whatever reason.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #983
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:42 PM
I figured they'd be called "koala posts."
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #984
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Temple View Post
Not only do they attempt to define us in this image, but, even worse, they blatantly promote, glamorize, and glorify this type of behavior.
Oh, I thought that was you in your avatar.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #985
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
The fact that you call monkey bars the same thing we do blew my mind, for whatever reason.
One of the few similarities.
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
I figured they'd be called "koala posts."

Kango Sticks?
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #987
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 06:42 AM
No one calls them kangos.
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #988
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Are you sure?


Is this thread done yet?
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 10-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #989
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 11:42 AM
No, it isn't done yet.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 10-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #990
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 11:42 AM
How about now?
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
hip hop

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com