Hip-Hop Purists - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #601
Refugee
 
bollox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,315
Local Time: 10:43 AM
Camouflage chameleon
Ninjas scalin' the building
Ain't no time to grab yo' gun
They already got your wife & children

Oddly enough, I think Rza's verse on '4th Chamber' may be my favourite on the album. Hard to believe it gets even more insane after those first bars, but it does, with Bob Digi dropping science on government conspiracies.
__________________

__________________
bollox is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #602
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,030
Local Time: 09:43 PM
What are his solo albums like? That's a shit moniker.

Protect Ya Neck fucking blows me away.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 09-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #603
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Moment of Truth is a beast of an album. Great rhymes, but it's obviously DJ Premier who dominates. What an awesome producer.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #604
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 02:43 AM
OC - Times Up - YouTube

This is what pure hip-hop sounds like.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #605
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have another absolute favorite hip hop album for Ashley. I mean, absolute favorite, coming possibly in 2nd: Common ~ Be

Really REALLY love "It's Your World Pt 1 & 2" a LOT. Also "Faithfully" is great. And just...everything. EVERY THING.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #606
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,278
Local Time: 04:43 AM
Listening to Goblin for the first time right now. I don't anticipate making it through the whole thing (this shit is probably about 20 to 25 minutes too long), but I'll try to get at least a handful of tracks into it.

Have people mentioned how much this dude bites Eminem's early style? Wow. It's all there in the first track, really.

Young kid new to the scene, turning heads, rapping about whether or not people should actually believe the violent shit he says in his lyrics, the twisted humor, the verbal attacks on other celebrities, the mommy/daddyfamily issues. Shit. Seems like Tyler owes practically his entire career to Marshall Mathers.

Anyway, I still kinda like the guy. Seem him in a couple of interviews and he seems like a pretty funny dude in real life. Not too big on this album, though.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #607
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,030
Local Time: 09:43 PM
Yeah I've soured on the album significantly since getting it. I really only listen to Yonkers, She (song of the year?), Nightmare, Sandwitches, Analogue and Her.

I definitely picked up on the Shady vibe. There's one bit in Yonkers in particular that is straight out of his playbook, both in terms of lyrics and vocal delivery:

Swallow the cinnamon, I'mma scribble this sinnin' shit
While Syd is tellin' me that she's been gettin' intimate with men
(Syd, shut the fuck up) Here's the number to my therapist
(Shit) Tell him all your problems, he's fuckin' awesome with listenin'

Fuck the fame and all the hype, G
I just wanna know if my father would ever like me
But I don't give a fuck so he's probably just like me

Actually, the whole song is pretty much out of Shady's playbook.
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #608
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 02:43 AM
I am sad to report the honeymoon between I and old school hip hop may be over . I heard It Takes a Nation of Millions... today...I was not impressed. I didn't like the repetitive way they used samples, and if Flavor Flav yelled, "Yeah Boi!" one more time I was going go out and choke him with one of his clock necklaces. Unfortunately for him, since I said I decided on that course of action, he said it about twenty more times, so I'm pretty much on my way to hunt him down now.

I didn't even really like "Don't Believe the Hype"...which considering everything is INCREDIBLY ironic.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #609
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,030
Local Time: 09:43 PM
I've got that but I'm yet to listen to it. Speaking of being let down though, I spun Biggie's Ready to Die and can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I was actually kind of bored with it. Juicy and Big Poppa are just such big standouts.

I'm sure it'll grow on me though.
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #610
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,863
Local Time: 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Listening to Goblin for the first time right now. I don't anticipate making it through the whole thing (this shit is probably about 20 to 25 minutes too long), but I'll try to get at least a handful of tracks into it.

Have people mentioned how much this dude bites Eminem's early style? Wow. It's all there in the first track, really.

Young kid new to the scene, turning heads, rapping about whether or not people should actually believe the violent shit he says in his lyrics, the twisted humor, the verbal attacks on other celebrities, the mommy/daddyfamily issues. Shit. Seems like Tyler owes practically his entire career to Marshall Mathers.

Anyway, I still kinda like the guy. Seem him in a couple of interviews and he seems like a pretty funny dude in real life. Not too big on this album, though.
By "a couple interviews," you mean you stumbled upon them because you were watching Narduwar.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #611
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,030
Local Time: 09:43 PM
I tell you what though. I always considered myself "west side" (yes I spent my entire teenage years walking around making the hand sign) but NY hiphop fucking kills it, from what I've heard. By a loooooong way
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #612
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,834
Local Time: 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212
I am sad to report the honeymoon between I and old school hip hop may be over . I heard It Takes a Nation of Millions... today...I was not impressed. I didn't like the repetitive way they used samples, and if Flavor Flav yelled, "Yeah Boi!" one more time I was going go out and choke him with one of his clock necklaces. Unfortunately for him, since I said I decided on that course of action, he said it about twenty more times, so I'm pretty much on my way to hunt him down now.

I didn't even really like "Don't Believe the Hype"...which considering everything is INCREDIBLY ironic.
Fucking blasphemy, this post
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #613
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04
I've got that but I'm yet to listen to it. Speaking of being let down though, I spun Biggie's Ready to Die and can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I was actually kind of bored with it. Juicy and Big Poppa are just such big standouts.

I'm sure it'll grow on me though.
I love Things Done Changed, Machine Gun Funk and Ready To Die every bit as much as the hits. I guess I just kick ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04
I tell you what though. I always considered myself "west side" (yes I spent my entire teenage years walking around making the hand sign) but NY hiphop fucking kills it, from what I've heard. By a loooooong way
90s west coast hip-hop sounds like shit now compared to the cold, hard-hitting east coast hip hop from the era. I also love jazz-rap, which helps.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #614
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,030
Local Time: 09:43 PM
I can't really comment having only heard The Chronic and Straight Outta Compton but I would vehemently disagree that they sound like shit. The beat from "Fuck Wit Dre Day" is fucking sick and that's just the first track. I reckon it sounds very fresh
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #615
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,834
Local Time: 05:43 AM
I assume you guys are watching Colbert right now*


*EST
__________________

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
hip hop

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com