Hip-Hop Purists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bit about niggaz not being able to fuck with Blue Ivy's room cracked me up.

Just a terrible verse otherwise. A disaster. No form, barely any flow, just awful. Rick Ross mailed it in. Dre sounded good.

I'll listen to the album before the end of the year to say that I did, but there's too much good shit around to bother with a Rick Ross album more than once.

Yep, and Dre is also gonna release Detox pretty soon.

Right after Jay Electronica's album drops.

No, really :wink:

Eh, I'm just being snarky :D The Madvillainy sequel has been rumored for almost as long as the Deltron sequel (which I posted about earlier). So it's more of "I'll believe it when I hear it."

I'm pretty sure a full length Doom/Ghost collabo will never happen, which is a damn shame.

Might be using my new surround sound system to listen to Straight Outta Compton. Subwoofers are dope, yo.

Kendrick Lamar's first "album", good kid, m.A.A.d city (yes that's the title) is out October 22. I'm pretty excited. I love Section.80.

25b1edda.jpg

Pretty good tune Kendrick Lamar Feat. Dr. Dre - Compton (Prod. By Just Blaze) [ good kid, m.A.A.d. city ] - YouTube

Big Boi also released another song from his Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumours, which is out November 13. Disappointingly this is the song he had been performing with Little Dragon's Yukimi Nagano, but she's been replaced by Kelly Rowland. Still a good song though

Big Boi (ft. Kelly Rowland) - Mama Told Me | (October 2012) - YouTube

I heard Swimming Pools at the gym tonight, which was pretty cool. I enjoyed it live, but the studio version is also solid, a lot more chill. The album should be dope.

I have heard Be by Common a second time now.

My previous comments of it being my favorite hip hop album (I don't know if I posted that in here), may have been a tad over-the-top, but damn is it a fine album.

The soundtrack is streaming here - RZA Presents The Man With The Iron Fists (Album Stream) | Xclusives Zone

Tracklist

1. The Black Keys / RZA : The Baddest Man Alive [produced by The Black Keys and The RZA]
2. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P. / Pharoahe Monch : Black Out [produced by Fizzy Womack]
3. Kanye West : White Dress [produced by Kanye West and The RZA]
4. The Revelations feat. Tre Williams : I Forgot To Be Your Lover [produced by Bob Perry]
5. Idol Warship [Talib Kweli / RES] : Get Your Way [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
6. The Wu-Tang Clan / Kool G Rap : Rivers of Blood [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
7. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / Street Life : Built For This [produced by Frank Dukes]
8. Killa Sin : The Archer [produced by Frank Dukes]
9. RZA / Flatbush Zombies : Just Blowin' In The Wind [produced by The RZA]
10. Pusha T / Raekwon / Joell Ortiz : Tick, Tock [produced by Frank Dukes and S-1]
11. Corrine Bailey Rae : Chains [produced by Steven James Brown and Corrine Bailey Rae]
12. Francis Yip : Green Is The Mountain
13. The Wu-Tang Clan : Six Directions of Boxing [produced by Frank Dukes]
14. Mable John : Your Good Thing (Is About To Come To An End) [produced by Isaac Hayes and David Porter]
15. Wiz Khalifa / Ghostface Killah / Boy Jones : I Go Hard [produced by The RZA]

My top 10 favorite MCs, because I'm bored

Biggie
Ghostface
Talib Kweli
Jay-Z
Big L
Common
Q-Tip
Rakim
Kool Keith
MF Doom

I've often spoken of my hatred for Pitbull. But, as Imperor pointed out, at least sometimes he appears to be willing to send himself up and he has given us a great .gif.

But this Waka Flocka Flame fuckwit, wow. I've not been able to make it to the end of any of his songs, something I can't even say for Pitbull - at least if you are blind drunk in a club you can have a bit of a fist pump to his songs.

Waka Flocka Flame is completely devoid of talent. He can't rap, he does this shrill, shouty, faux-tough-guy bullshit that just sounds pathetic. His producers make the most lifeless, artificial beats imaginable, as if cramming as many electro hi-hat noises into five seconds as possible is the way to go. I don't even need to bring up the lyrics.

And yet, for some fucking reason beyond any explanation, he is quite popular. And not just with 15-year-old dickheads whose favourite artists are Skrillex and Bauuer, but with people who get paid to review music for websites like Pitchfork. Just read this for fuck's sake - "If Waka Flocka Flame has lowered the standards for writing in the rap world, he's also introduced a new level of catharsis." Try and make it through more than 10 seconds of either track posted at the top of the review. He is held up as one of the best in the game by some people. This isn't hardcore rap.

Waka Flocka Flame: DuFlocka Rant 2 | Album Reviews | Pitchfork

I just do not fucking get it.

I listened to the paint song when you were ranting about it cos I was kind of curious what type of song would induce my levels of vitriol in el cobblerino, and that was terrible enough. You will not get me to listen to another.

I would say it's definitely worth your time. I do think you have to have some appreciation for the Wu-Tang aesthetic to dig this one as much as possible, but it's really good either way.

I love Action Bronson's guest spot.

I wrote this in a LS 95/To get that 90s vibe

Yes. Definitely has that boom-bap feel to it. Will check this out, love the name Czarface and the Kirby-esque album art is dope. Thanks for bumping this LM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom