Hey look, it's a Magnetic Fields thread! Let us discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bah. I think your description in random music about it being a neat retro conglomeration or whatever you called it of holiday and get lost was pretty accurate (and a good thing, cos the album is pretty great) and this guy is smoking the crack.

I should hook up my iPod to my computer just to see how many times I listened to that song. The whole album, really...I really couldn't care less how low a pitchfork score or rateyourmusic or whatever bullshit rankings it got from critics or self-proclaimed know it alls on the internet, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Of course, since its release coincided with a huge magnetic fields binge on my part, unless they'd put out an entire album of stephin Merritt belching or something, id have liked it.

Guess it worked out to my advantage that I held off on buying a few magnetic fields albums, cos the digital haul from amazon just now included wayward bus/trees, charm of the highway strip, and the Merritt obscurities....it's like Christmas only without the Jesus and Santa stuff.

Back
Top Bottom