Here We Go Magic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, the difference between their first two albums was SUCH a marked improvement. I'm excited to hear what these guys do this year.

Ok, it uh, took me awhile to get around to this one, but I'm glad I did. While the first two albums were more "This isn't great, but I still appreciate the effort, guys" this album is very much a good album. Not great, but they've definitely finally found the kind of music they want to make, and I'm a huge fan of it.

"Alone But Moving" "How Do I Know" and "Miracle of Mary" are big winners in my book.

I love this album, too.

Thank you Coldplay, for playing How Do I Know as the almost-last song before taking the stage. I had a tizzy of WHO IS THIS I MUST KNOW NOW until I found out a few days later.

I'm surprised their first two albums (which weren't very good) got way more coverage than this one. Shit, this one doesn't even have a wiki page. Shame, I have really enjoyed following this band over the last few years. If they continue to improve at this rate, I have high hopes for their future.

Local interdependent radio station plays/played How Do I Know fairly often. I like that song quite a bit.

At first I was a little bummed that How Do I Know was the only bouncy, happy, super fun time song on it; I'd been wanting more of that.

But after a few listens, I came to appreciate it for what it is. A lot of the songs are just gorgeous.

I listened to the album once on Spotify after reading the incredibly positive Popmatters review (he essentially says it's the album Radiohead should have made following In Rainbows):

Here We Go Magic: A Different Ship | PopMatters

I remember liking it and putting it on a list of albums to buy, but never got around to it.

I told a friend the other day, "this is the best band you've never heard of!"

How cheesy of me.

I have to admit, usually I don't hear it when bands are compared to Radiohead, but this really sounds heavily inspired by Radiohead.

Back
Top Bottom