Have a listen to Liam Finn's Fomo - it's really quite good.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
In the interest of opening up B&C a bit more, instead of talking about albums in random and your thoughts get buried, I think there should be more threads. So here's one.

You all know Neil Finn and you should all know Tim Finn. Liam Finn is Neil's son, beg corrects me, and this is his third album. He's good. Eclectic. Folksy. Indie. Multiinstrumentalist. He opened for Pearl Jam.

Fomo (feat of missing out) I listened to just today. I will definitely be buying it. It's a great listen. There's some good harmonies reminiscent of The Beatles and the Beach Boys in places. Short album. 10 tracks.

This is the single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeozOgS8t7E

Catchy and happy and bubbly as hell with a touch of melancholy about the verses.

Nary a bad track.

He's very indie (whatever that means) and I looooved his last album (the one with him jumping up on it?) So I've been quite excited for this album. Quite.

LlAM, SON OF NEIL.

"Cold Axe"

Gimli+snow.JPG

"the uploader has not made this video available in your country."

:down:

sounds like it's going to take some more active seeking. i was enjoying my complacency in which tunes just fall into my lap.

lol

i'll admit i haven't checked out fomo yet but cold feet sounds really good. though damn, i bought like four copies of i'll be lightning, i shouldn't feel bad if my now-broke ass illegally downloads fomo.

I love him live but I didn't care for I'll Be Lightning. Will make a point of listening to this album soon though, everything I've read indicates it's better.

(It better be as good as that Tait set. :up: )

Saw him at The Corner last night. The dude is fucking insane. He may be Neil's son, but he has got all of Tim's eccentricities and then some. They played for about an hour 45, and at one point he was going that hard at everything that they had to go off, because half of their shit had been broken. He has an unbelievable stage presence.

All the Fomo tracks he played were great.

God, that performance was mental. Liam is such a performer on stage, a complete madman. Loved it.

And no video needs that much of my head. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom