Hall and Oates in the '70's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
That "Live at Daryl's" house tv show is seeming to gain some traction after persevering on the web for a while. Daryl Hall is one insanely talented dood.

He made magic with T.Bone Wolk or whatever his name was. That dude could make everything sound a little bit country a little bit Hall and Oates. Check out this clip of the 2 of them playing "Cruel to Be Kind" w Nick Lowe and you'll know what i mean....
Nick Lowe & Daryl Hall, w/ T-Bone Wolk-Cruel To Be Kind - YouTube

but i digress. this thread is about Hall in the '70's with Mr. Oates. and this. shit. kicks. ass.

She's Gone (1976) - Hall & Oates - YouTube

I only know a couple of their songs, and I'm sure they're talented songwriters, but they always struck me as just about the most uncool group ever.

Is this a thread in which it is ok for me to admit my love for "Rich Girl" or is that not cool anywhere?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. This thread is what I'm talking about.

Where the fuck is JT?

gJ8Nvfk.gif

I Can't Go for That is my favourite, but this kicks some ass too. Not quite 70s, but too fucking bad

Hall & Oates - Kiss On My List (Lyrics) - YouTube

I Can't Go for That is more Dream Yacht, which I prefer. But the Post Ephemeral Wave Boat stylings of Your Kiss are quite nice too

Abandoned Luncheonette uses some of the same sessions guys that Steely Dan employed: Hugh McCracken, Rick Marotta, Bernard Purdie.

Damn good album. And it's actually from the decade of the thread title!

Is this a thread in which it is ok for me to admit my love for "Rich Girl" or is that not cool anywhere?

safe_place_logo2.jpg

So, 'round about the time War came out, this poster was on my wall. My mom got it at a concert. I was about 10 -- old enough to know that they weren't cool, but too young to be slapping stuff on the walls that wasn't sanctioned by the parents. I don't think it stayed up long.

Hall_Oates_H2O.jpg

You aren't, though I doubt many of us have nailed our wives whilst posting on interference, listening to music and cooking dinner.

I only have one wife. Now I find out dudes here have not only had sex, but they actually have "wives"?

Good work.

So, what "Hall and Oates" song drew you in here?

Post! Post! Post It!

Cause "She's Gone" does it for me. "One On One" does it as well.

I already posted one. I'll assume you already had sex to it. I feel extra special that way

I called it. Mrs. Schloop answered.

Let's just say "One On One" wasn't the only option. Can't imagine that "Maneater" ever saying "I Can't Go For That".

She also happened to mention that her and the hubby's song was "Did It In A Minute", interestingly enough.

Back
Top Bottom