Half a year has gone by - Best Albums of 2015 so far...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been so out of the loop on albums this year, even though I've heard like 60 or 70 new ones. I've just been woeful in regards to keeping up with my list. Here's basically what I am gonna go with:

1 Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
2 Twin Shadow - Eclipse
3 Wolf Alice - My Love is Cool
4 Viet Cong - Viet Cong
5 Palma Violets Danger In The Club
6 Panda Bear - Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper
7 Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo & Youth
8 Joey Bada$$ - B4.Da.$$
9 The Decemberists - What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World
10 Pinkshinyultrablast - Everything Else Matters
11 Bjork - Vulnicura
12 California X - Nights in the Dark
13 Best Coast - California Nights
14 The Dodos - Individ
15 Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

ugh, nevermind, I'm not happy with that at all.

Well yeah, Sufjan that low and Twin Shadow in the top 100? Straighten up that shit. :wink:

You mean that Sufjan album that sounds exactly like all of Sufjan's other best albums and is, by extension, equally good? Cause I'm pretty sure I could easily rattle off 14 albums I like more than Illinois from 2005, too. :wink:

You mean that Sufjan album that sounds exactly like all of Sufjan's other best albums and is, by extension, equally good? Cause I'm pretty sure I could easily rattle off 14 albums I like from 2005, too. :wink:

If there's a track from C&L that sounds like Come On Feel the Illinoise, Man of Metropolis, Chicago, Decatur, The Tallest Man, etc. it must be a bonus track. The album sounds more like Grouper than most of Illinois.

And don't dodge that Eclipse was a recycle bin classic.

I'm never going to convince you that Eclipse is the best, so why bother? I love it. A lot. Not a lot of albums get two listens in the first day that I hear them. This year, Eclipse and My Love Is Cool are the only two that I can recall thus far.

Shit, Wilco's free albums, thou.... But I really don't think it's the "best"

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

You mean that Sufjan album that sounds exactly like all of Sufjan's other best albums and is, by extension, equally good? Cause I'm pretty sure I could easily rattle off 14 albums I like more than Illinois from 2005, too. :wink:

"All"? Seven Swans is the only one it sounds similar to, at least of what I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom