Haim, or is it HAIM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
HAIM, my second most anticipated new artist of 2013 (after, of course, Charli XCX), have finally announced the release date of their debut LP, Days Are Gone.

Somehow, despite the fact that I have been checking on this almost obsessively all year, I still missed the announcement by two days:

Haim Announce Debut Album Days Are Gone | News | Pitchfork

cec814fd.jpg

Despite the fact that I don't hear it at all, these gals get compared to Fleetwood Mac...a lot. Here's what they sound like when they sing Fleetwood Mac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaFA9eOogo

And here's what their stuff sounds like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_acBVglVBcY

They're really great, I'm stupidly excited :drool:

One more for ya, this is their most recent single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vh0iP5BziQ

Wasn't the best of jokes to being with, and really didnt make sense once I realized I misread the post anyway.

I never saw it lol. Just sad that it was another post not discussing these soon-to-be superstars

Rest assured that it at least had nothing to do with failed child actors. I try to stay away from bands that cover fleetwood mac. You can thank billy corgan for that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. It's just for a few seconds at the beginning, but it threw me off real bad the first couple times I heard it.

Really liked the new album! it's filled with hooks and catchy songs, great debut

The first three tracks are hamazing :drool:

Not that I hadn't already heard the first three songs about ten times a piece or anything :shifty:

Yesssss.

Shit, I've known 4 out of the first 6 songs. Of the two I didn't know, (If I Could Change Your Mind and Honey & I) If I Could Change Your Mind was on par with the others. Honey & I was a little weak.

So far, though 5/6 ain't bad.

I'm so happy right now :cornflakes:

Kind of obsessed with these girls lately. Been watching a lot of their interviews and live performances on YouTube. They're an endearingly goofy and messy bunch, and they seem to be genuinely having a lot of fun doing what they're doing. Just a likable band, both the music and their personalities.

1. Alana is the hottest
2. Danielle is the best singer, and she shreds guitar and might also be the hottest
3. Este is friends with Ke$ha and they used to run around L.A. together
4. Este's "bass face" is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen
5. They do a kickass live cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well"
6. The album is streaming on NPR
7. "The Wire" is still one of the best singles of the year

I admit, I do not know them apart, yet. But, the few interviews I've seen have been quite amusing.

Lead singer and lead guitarist is Danielle. She stands center stage during their live performances and is usually the main focus of the music videos. She's also by far the quietest and least energetic in all of the interviews, which I think is an intriguing contradiction.

Synth/keyboard player and part-time guitarist is Alana. She usually wears shorts. She's the cutest and my personal favorite. Although I love them all.

Bass player is Este. She's the blonde one, also the oldest and tallest. She's very extroverted and the most talkative with a very snarky/sarcastic sense of humor. Usually has bright red lipstick on whereas her sisters don't seem to wear much makeup. She makes insane facial expressions when she's rocking out on bass.

They all occasionally wear black motorcycle jackets.

The drummer is some boring dude who just keeps his head down and isn't related to the girls in the band.

*Intro to Haim*

Thank you very much. I have printed this post and stuck it to my computer so that I can continue to have conversations with you about this most excellent band.

Back
Top Bottom