Haim, or is it HAIM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's kinda my point. Even when you have something telegraphed, like Justin Bieber who, love em or hate him, easily should have won the year he was nominated, lost to an upright bassist. I wouldn't have a clue, but I guess Sam Smith.

And lest you think, 'Oh, it's just Bieber, he sucks,' look at the nominees not just from that year, but the next three.

Screenshot_2015-01-06-22-22-37_zps2e84xemj.png

I'd say the only one of the four that was telegraphed was Macklemore and even then, I think you could make the argument that it wasn't a sure thing.

Yeah, looking at that list I was just wondering how the hell James Blake was a "new" artist in 2014.

I've always wondered about that, as well. I take it to mean best new artist to the collective awareness? Either Way, Bon Iver was ridiculous. For Emma wasn't exactly underground.

I don't know why I ignored this band for so long but I've listened to Days Are Gone a few times recently and I love it.

Out of the artists in the category I believe HAIM has the best chance to make a second great record, this band seems like they are just starting a long journey.

Would it be accurate to call him the Scottish Avicii? I think he did the dance song "Sweet Nothing" a couple years back. It was very popular my senior year of college.

At least he occasionally sings his own songs . Two of his best tracks feature him on vocals. I'm just going to be REALLY disappointed if this song doesn't have some effing guitar on it.

Hello,

The new album is good, yo.

But "I Know Alone" could be the last song they ever write and I wouldn't be too upset. My God, I love it.

Hello,

The new album is good, yo.

But "I Know Alone" could be the last song they ever write and I wouldn't be too upset. My God, I love it.

I think it's their best album yet. "The Steps" is still one of the best singles of the year for my money.

I think it’ll be hard for me to ever find one of their albums better than Days Are Gone. That’s just a nearly perfect record and I have a lot of nostalgia tied into it. However I will say this is the second best. It’s much, much better than Something To Tell You.

I like the new album too, and I thought I was done with them after Something to Tell.

I think I just needed some time to allow them to be something more than, "those girls that really like Fleetwood Mac."

Now that that's happened, I don't care if they do things that don't quite sound like their debut.

Back
Top Bottom