Grizzly Bear - 'Veckatimest' - May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
This is one of my most hyped albums right now. The album cover and tracklist were released today:

149176.Veckatimest.jpg

Veckatimest:

01 Southern Point
02 Two Weeks
03 All We Ask
04 Fine for Now
05 Cheerleader
06 Dory
07 Ready, Able
08 About Face
09 Hold Still
10 While You Wait for the Others
11 I Live With You
12 Foreground

Grizzly Bear Reveal Veckatimest Cover, Tracklist | Pitchfork

I've been waiting for a studio version of While You Wait for the Others for over a year now. I'm PSYCHED.

Can't you feel the kniiiiiiiiiiiiiife?

Awesome. I really like Yellow House, and I have Horn of Plenty, but haven't listened to that one as much. I'm definitely looking forward to this one; from what I've heard, it's supposed to be very, very good, right?

I'm definitely looking forward to this one; from what I've heard, it's supposed to be very, very good, right?

That's what I keep hearing as well! I've loved the couple of new songs they performed on Conan. :up:

I can't believe Imperor or some others haven't joined in.

:sadface:

YES!

I don't want to say my expectations for this are higher than they are for, say, the Shuttlecocks of the world. But they are.

That's what I keep hearing as well! I've loved the couple of new songs they performed on Conan. :up:

I can't believe Imperor or some others haven't joined in.

:sadface:

:hmm: I missed this Conan performance.

I've heard "Deep Blue Sea" off of the Dark Was the Night compilation, and I liked it a lot.

PerformanceS :up:

There was a demo version of Deep Blue Sea on the Friend EP, is this a full band version?

Damn, multiple performances?

Yes, it is, and it's also shorter by about 2 minutes because it doesn't include the hidden part at the end.

So, I gave Yellow House a listen, and it bored me. Should I listen again? Mayhaps I was just tired that night? Possibly, I'm not Indie enough to like them? Speak.....

I say yes, listen again. I remember taking at least a couple listens through before it clicked with me.

Yeah, took me a few times as well. The songs I caught onto quicker than the rest were 'On a Neck, On a Spit', 'Colorado', 'Knife', 'Plans', and 'Easier'. Maybe just give those a shot again? At least check out 'On a Neck, On a Spit'. The album's more of an "atmosphere" type album. Great for certain moods, background while working, late nights, etc.

Oneblood, I wanted to mention that your location RULES.

Yeah, took me a few times as well. The songs I caught onto quicker than the rest were 'On a Neck, On a Spit', 'Colorado', 'Knife', 'Plans', and 'Easier'. Maybe just give those a shot again? At least check out 'On a Neck, On a Spit'. The album's more of an "atmosphere" type album. Great for certain moods, background while working, late nights, etc.

Oneblood, I wanted to mention that your location RULES.

I definitely agree about it being an album for certain times. I listened to it last night at 1 or so, and it was perfect. :up:

Thanks! I actually live a couple blocks from the bridge that Berryman jumped from, and by default, the one that Sheff's talking about, so I walk over it and see it everyday. There's been more than a few times that "John Allyn Smith Sails" has hit me pretty hard while walking across that bridge...it's got a fairly dark history in regards to suicides.

05-24 Portland, OR - Aladdin Theatre
05-25 Gorge, WA - Sasquatch Festival
05-26 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom
05-28 New York, NY - Town Hall
05-29 New York, NY - Town Hall
06-01 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
06-02 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
06-03 Boston, MA - Berklee Performance Center
06-04 Montreal, Quebec - Le National
06-05 Toronto, Ontario - Phoenix
06-07 Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Center
06-08 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre
06-09 Bloomington, IN - Buskirk-Chumley Theater
06-11 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
06-12 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
06-13 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle *
06-15 Dallas, TX - Grenada
06-16 Austin, TX - The Parish
06-19 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern
06-21 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore

I love the Parish!

Not even a show in Denver, Vegas, Phoenix, etc. Nothing even close to here.

Go to hell, Texas and Grizzly Bear.

:hmm: I haven't been to the Cedar Cultural Center yet. Guess this means I'll get a chance to in a few months. :up:

I heard that this album leaked. It's of no consequence to me because I've never illegally downloaded anything in my life and I've never heard a single song by these guys but, damn, that's a flippin early leak isn't it? May 26th release and it leaks in the first week of March. I wonder if they'll pull a Yeah Yeah Yeahs and push the release date up.

Apparently it's an extremely poor quality leak as well...128kbps. :down: Here's what one of the members said via Twitter: "I'm trying to be zen about the album leaking because I'm "ok" with it, but I'm bummed. And apparently it's [a] low quality rip. :( So now everyone will be judging it off of a crappy rip. Sigh.... Was hoping to make it to at least april! I'm cool with it just....so early!"

So, I'm guessing they won't push up the release, but like he said, it's too bad that people are going to judge the album based upon a flawed copy. I'll, at the very least, be waiting for a better copy before listening, and of course, will buy it when it comes out.

yeah, it's a bad quality leak. the songs are really good though. convinced me to buy it when it comes out.

That does suck for them, I'm doubting Warp has the means or ability to completely change their production schedule and release it earlier like majors can do.

Leaks suck.

That does suck for them, I'm doubting Warp has the means or ability to completely change their production schedule and release it earlier like majors can do.

Leaks suck.

well, at least it convinced me to buy the album when it comes out. so one good thing came out of it.

See, Scumby? Leaks, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

For the record, I didn't download it. As one of my more anticipated albums in a while, I'm waiting to hear it in pristine quality.

See, Scumby? Leaks, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

For the record, I didn't download it. As one of my more anticipated albums in a while, I'm waiting to hear it in pristine quality.

the good news is i expected the audio quality to be really, really, REALLY bad, and it was just crappy, but not really, really, REALLY bad. :wink:

True, but it just sucks that in reverse, there will be people who say "it sounds like crap" based on a terrible quality leak, or will just get sick of it after having it for 2+ months before it's released, and never get around to paying for it.

I just feel worse for bands like this, as they really need all the sales they can get. I can't think of any upsides to a 2+ months in advance leak for them.

I actually agree with you completely on this one. I just wanted an excuse to quote Dumb and Dumber.

I'll be waiting for the album to come out to get it. Yellow House was a beautifully understated album, they deserve my money for another one.

Back
Top Bottom