Grizzly Bear - 'Veckatimest' - May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I raved about them much more during the Yellow House period. I probably still prefer that to this album, actually, despite this likely being a better album overall. I have better memories with Yellow House.

checking out stuff from that as well. i think that may have been during my lack-of-internet-imposed hiatus from this place.

2679071063_9b716f6606.jpg

It's an '80's plastic rain coat/jacket/whatever. I remember them because I'm old.

Deal with that, Imperor. DEAL WITH IT!!!!! I WANT YOU TO DEAL WITH IT RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1!11!1! Or something.

i think what he's trying to say is deal with it or he will slay you.

well mother fuckers i just listened to this album for the first few times.

it's pretty good... i reckon i'll end up liking it more than i did manners. got a folksy, rootsy sort of feel to it i suppose, and i real like the lo-fi sort of production going on.

two weeks didn't do much for me, and a few of the tracks are all a bit samey, but fine for now and i live for you stood out.

intriguing...

Two Weeks might be my favorite song of the year, along with Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Hysteric, Passion Pit - The Reeling, and something from NLOTH...either Breathe or Moment Of Surrender.

I wasn't blown away by Two Weeks when I first heard it, but now it's one of my favourite songs of the year.

I do kind of like Fine For Now a bit more, though.

Cheerleader has grown on me exponentially. That's probably my second favorite, behind Two Weeks now.

Fourthed.

I've gone back to obsessively listening to it again, after already doing so when the album first came out. That perfect piano melody never ceases to amaze me. Something about it is so familiar, but still peculiar.

"While You Wait for the Others" is probably my second favorite after "Two Weeks," then "Foreground."

There's not a bad song on this album, so why are we arguing?

Yeah, it's my #1. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's better than Yellow House.

There's not a bad song on this album, so why are we arguing?

Yeah, it's my #1. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's better than Yellow House.

True.

Maybe. I'm heavily attached to both albums and would probably rank them essentially equally myself.

i certainly don't listen to enough new music to make a a list.

Fourthed.

I've gone back to obsessively listening to it again, after already doing so when the album first came out. That perfect piano melody never ceases to amaze me. Something about it is so familiar, but still peculiar.

"While You Wait for the Others" is probably my second favorite after "Two Weeks," then "Foreground."

:lol: maybe i'll listen to it repeatedly until it sinks in.

i'm really with you on the night time feel... i was driving around to it last night, it was great. not so great was the massive four car pile up i saw, but yeah.

:lol: maybe i'll listen to it repeatedly until it sinks in.

i'm really with you on the night time feel... i was driving around to it last night, it was great. not so great was the massive four car pile up i saw, but yeah.

It might help, though I started listening to it over and over from the first time I heard it, so for me, it was immediate. I say keep listening to it; it's a fucking genius song.

Ha, that's funny because I don't really think of it as a nighttime album nearly as much as Yellow House. I can see how the middle of Veckatimest could resonate more during the night, but somehow I still get more of a daytime vibe from it overall.

Back
Top Bottom