Grizzly Bear - 'Veckatimest' - May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally watched that Letterman video, it was great. Thank you for reposting it, Imperor. :up:

Interesting, I don't remember you mentioning purchasing either of those albums, Elfa.

Have fun, 1Bl00d.

Used copy? So the band still didn't get anything from it. If you got rid of 30 or 40 of those cats, you may finally be able to stop stealing.

It's Saturday at 3.

Aww, man, you're going to have an incredible time.

Fuck, last night was amazing.

Beach House, the openers, were okay for about 2 songs, and then extremely boring, so I don't recommend them. It's actually been awhile since I've disliked an opener a lot though.

But, Grizzly Bear tore down the house. They had control of First Avenue from the very first note of "Southern Point." Chris Taylor had to also give us props for First Ave. being the venue in Purple Rain, which we hear all the time, but it's still fun and gets a good reaction from the crowd.

Going in, I had two songs I really wanted to hear (that weren't played at Pitchfork), and we got both!

"Foreground" (Holy motherfucking hell, that was so gorgeous.) and "Colorado" (also fantastic).

And, I happened to get some sweet pictures with the new camera, so here are those--the first is by far my favorite of the batch:

P9300431.jpg

P9300433.jpg

P9300436.jpg

P9300445.jpg

P9300448.jpg

P9300464.jpg

P9300450.jpg

P9300456.jpg

P9300461.jpg

P9300465.jpg

Filthy stuff.

Indeed. One cool thing they did that I didn't mention was bring the lead singer from Beach House up for "Two Weeks" and the fucking Twilight song. The Twilight song sounds good, but the lyrics are, well, somewhat cheesy, as was to be expected.

Nice. I am jealous.

Have you seen them?

I also heard several people talking before the show about how they were boring live, which I didn't find at all, either on Wednesday or at Pitchfork.

Veckatimest is the superior album to Yellow House. Veckatimest, IMO, is one of the best albums of 2009.

On another note, I'll be in London for their October 31 performance, although tickets sold out fast. Still trying to find tickets.

Thanks for clarifying that it's just your opinion. I was 3 seconds from throwing the non-superior album in the trash, as I thought I'd been fooled by those Knife loving bastards.

:wink:

No. I was going to see them during the Yellow House tour, but I recall it was snowing that night and I didn't feel like braving the weather.

:infinitesadness:

They opened for Radiohead and I was late getting to the show :infinitesadness: x 2

Shame on both of you.

I stopped stacking them against each other since I really don't care which one is "better." All I need to know is they're both two of my favorite albums EVAR.

This.

Back
Top Bottom