Grizzly Bear - 'Veckatimest' - May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How freaking beautiful is 'Foreground'???

Between this and 'Colorado', they really do some fantastic album closers.

This is a beautiful, beautiful album. Even better than Yellow House. And I didn't even listen to the CD version, which I am waiting to arrive on the mail.

A contender for album of the year. The overall record is really something, easily their best work to date. If all you have listened to is that shitty sounding leak, do yourself a favor and buy this album for real, its worth it.

I've listened to it enough times now to know I love it very much. No surprises there, I guess. But I don't know if I'm ready to say it's better than Yellow House quite yet.

And how about that Finding Nemo reference, "swim around like two Dorys?" These guys are cultured.

I've listened to it enough times now to know I love it very much. No surprises there, I guess. But I don't know if I'm ready to say it's better than Yellow House quite yet.

I agree. I've listened to Yellow House so much that it's hard for me to say I like this more than it at this point, but I do definitely like it a lot.

Two Weeks is incredible.

On another note, I keep collecting free posters every time I get a CD. Add Grizzly Bear to the list now.

What's the Grizzly Bear poster like? My local store used to always give out free stuff (7 inches, posters, free singles, etc) with a lot of new releases as well, but they don't seem to do it much any more.

On another note, I'd love to see that pork-hating, no taste bitch NSW call this album boring and sleep inducing.

That rat bastard is going to Europe soon to watch 43 different U2 shows. I hope he has some sort of Taken-related U2 concert experience there.

Here's a better quality version of the official Two Weeks vid straight from the G and the B. If anyone hasn't watched it yet you really should. I think you'll like.

YouTube - Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (music video in HD) Veckatimest out now

ok, so i must admit that i didn't like this album all that much a couple monhts ago, but i think the problem was the shitty web rip. now before some of you say "that's what you get for illegal downloading", fuck off. i still think illegal downloading is great and will continue to do it....bitches.

with that said, i'm glad i bought this album. the sound quality is much better.

That rat bastard is going to Europe soon to watch 43 different U2 shows. I hope he has some sort of Taken-related U2 concert experience there.

NSW: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I'm pretty tight with money. But what I do have are a very magical set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long study of Kabbalah . Skills that make me a nightmare for non-Jews like you. If you give me my douchebag seat tickets now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not sue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will circumcise you.

ok, so i must admit that i didn't like this album all that much a couple monhts ago, but i think the problem was the shitty web rip. now before some of you say "that's what you get for illegal downloading", fuck off. i still think illegal downloading is great and will continue to do it....bitches.

with that said, i'm glad i bought this album. the sound quality is much better.

I've got no problem with illegal downloading, just so long as you buy the music too. :angry:

I've heard that "Two Weeks" is the sequel to the Barenaked Ladies' hit 1998 single "One Week."

Is there any truth to this rumor?

Yellow House was really boring and nondescript, but...I think 2009 has a new best record. I really do. It's only been one listen, but wow. I'm stunned by Veckatimest. Bewitchingly beautiful melodies, impressive attention to detail in the production, commendable emphasis on cohesion, and the tunes themselves? Oh man. That run from Two Weeks to Fine For Now is unbefuckinglieveable, right up there with, say, NLOTH to MOS, the greatest 1-2-3 punch of 2009 up this point IMO.

Again, Yellow House was overrated. Just want to emphasize how much this record surprised me.

Oh, and one more thing: any Merriweather Post Pavillion/Veckatimest comparisons are ridiculous. This record is much better.

that's where you lost me. otherwise i agree with your post.

The album starts off truly great, but loses me with Daily Routine and Bluish. From there, it falls back on texture over tunes (I mean, is there anything in that second half as memorable as My Girls or Summertime Clothes? If there is, I can't hear it), and I just can't get into that. I don't love their sound quite enough to get lost in it. Still a very good record, just not up to this level IMO.

For the record, my current top 10 is as follows:

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
U2 - No Line On The Horizon
Passion Pit - Manners
Doves - Kingdom Of Rust
Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
The Horrors - Primary Colours
Super Furry Animals - Dark Days/Light Years
St. Vincent - Actor
P.O.S. - Never Better
Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career

With MPP at #11. Veckatimest pushed it down, just out of sight. :lol:

:up: Have you listened to Fox Confessor Mel? Much better album imo...

No, I haven't. Thanks for reminding me. I love her voice, and Middle Cyclone took me by surprise. Just one of those records that boasts one great song after another, and her vocals carried it well into my top 10. I still find that 30 minute track inexplicable, however. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom