Grizzly Bear - Shields

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Out September 18.

Cover:

2216b29a.jpg

Tracklisting:

01 Sleeping Ute
02 Speak in Rounds
03 Adelma
04 Yet Again
05 The Hunt
06 A Simple Answer
07 What's Wrong
08 gun-shy
09 Half Gate
10 Sun in Your Eyes

Grizzly Bear - Sleeping Ute - YouTube

Really looking forward to it, I've greatly enjoyed all of their albums.

Should be good.. Playing at Harvest, amongst a pretty stellar like up. May go.

Get yourself a ticket man. It's by far the best festival I've been to. Not a dickhead in sight (unlike Pyramid), beautiful site and location (back of Werribee Mansion) and it's a great lineup already with half the acts still to be announced.

Plus you can stay at my joint, I live 10 minutes away #notaserialkiller haha.

Tempted. I think there is a wedding to go to that weekend, that's the concern. Parklife and Stereo also have quality lineups, and I tend to make it a hat trick of Pyramids (where I am one of the dickheads!)

A War on Drugs sideshow would be a treasure!

Not keen on Pyramid after the disgraceful crowd behaviour during Scissor Sisters. I'm long over Stereo.

AJ Maddah said there'd be no Melb sideshows this year :(

Sheesh, they're so good. I really like it.

Pitchfork BNM-ed the track already.

The GRIZ! and Tame Impala are going to rock my top 10 for the year. Might as well pencil them in there somewhere.

Seriously. Unless everything else on this album is atrocious, I don't see how it's not going to easily get in my top 10.

The GRIZ! and Tame Impala are going to rock my top 10 for the year. Might as well pencil them in there somewhere.

Both of these albums are online in full now, so I'll find out if my confidence was justified shortly. Comments on the leaks have been extremely positive so far.

Will need a few more listens but my first impressions are that it starts and ends awesomely but lags in the middle. And nothing as immediately zomfg indie hit as Two Weeks. Wish they'd use that guitar tone that can be found on Sleeping Ute, While You Wait For The Others, Fine For Now, etc, more often.

Think I'm just going to wait until the LP arrives. Godspeed, gang.

starts and ends awesomely but lags in the middle

I think this is true, but you can say the same thing about most albums.

I already like this more than Yellow House, but it doesn't balance hooks and mystique as brilliantly as Veckatimest. I'm feeling this though, big time.

I'm positive after one listen. This album may turn me into a fan because Veckatimest didn't really do it for me.

I'm going to wait for the album - haven't even listened to the singles yet. Looking forward to it, though!

Insound didn't give me tracking information, but a friend in Dallas is due to receive his today. Hopefully I get the same treatment.

If you like Southern Point and Ready, Able more than Two Weeks and While You Wait For The Others, you'll love this album.

Back
Top Bottom