Grizzly Bear - Shields

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angry:

You know I have a philosophical problem with this. If you are going to release a deluxe edition, either do it upfront with the album release or make the extra tracks available as a separate EP.

|
|
v

On November 12, they're releasing Shields: Expanded and Shields: B-Sides via Warp. Expanded is the original album plus eight B-sides, remixes, and demos. B-Sides is just the eight tracks.

:)

logo_rif3.png

dunce2.gif

Cool, will check this out. I saw them live at Falls Festival last week and they blew me away. Didn't imagine that they would "go off" as they did, but they certainly were impressive. Ed is a charming frontman!

Quite a change of pace this. Someone in the comments said it reminded him of Radiohead. He definitely has a point. Great song.

Wow. That's extremely different for them. I really like it. Great for the grey rainy day we're having here.

Still keeps the elements that make it a Grizzly Bear song but throws all this electronic treatments in there. :up::up::up:

New album on Friday... surely someone has heard it at this point? LemonMelon, I'm looking your way.

They've released a lot of songs beforehand, and some videos. The latest one features slapping on a bare male ass. Essential viewing.

New album on Friday... surely someone has heard it at this point? LemonMelon, I'm looking your way.

I have, but the leak was too crappy to make a proper judgment. It's their textures (and harmonies) that make them appeal so much to me and basically all the quieter passages of the leak had artifacts clouding them up. Apparently the CD rip is out, but I'm not about to go looking for it. I'll give it another go on Thursday night when it hits streaming services.

That being said, I liked what I heard quite a bit.

Last edited:
'Three Rings' has been my favorite song of the year since they released it a few months ago.

The drumming on this album is FANTASTIC!

I didn't take to this album, as a whole, as immediately as I did to "Shields" (still my favorite GB lp), but after 5 or so listens, I think it's great. There are some amazing arrangements on this album. And not really one bad song, although 'Glass Hillside' is a little too slow and meandering for me. 'Aquarian' is an all-out hulk of a prog track. And 'Sky Took Hold' is a beautiful closer.

Great album. Liking it more and more with each listen.

Wow, really loving this album. The hypnotic vibe really works for them - Three Rings and Systole especially.

Same here. I'm so happy with this album. Certainly one of their most accessible records, but without compromising any of their complex melodies and layers. Morning Sound is already one of my favorite GB songs.

This is growing on me. Could end up in the lower reaches of my year-end list at this rate. It's very relaxing but rewards close attention as well thanks to creative arrangements and luscious production.

The Song Exploder episode on Four Cypresses was really interesting. It gave me a good insight on how they build their melodies layer by layer. Those Wurlitzer bass notes in particular work really well throughout the song.

Back
Top Bottom