Grimes - Visions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys weren't lying about Scream being an enormous pile of shit.

Good album, though. Flesh without Blood reminds me a bit of that Chairlift song.

He can't even get Mysterious Ways' title correct :tsk:

Though if U2 released that song today that is absolutely what they would call it.

Last edited:
Kill V. Maim is so good. Contender for SOTY.

I never liked her previous album all that much but I'm enjoying Art Angels so far.

I really, really love this album. Pretty sure it will be high in my end-of-year list.

I've professed my admiration of Natalie Prass elsewhere, so this makes me happy.

I think this tracklist would cover up my issues with the album (it's mostly Scream, but I feel like it could flow a little better overall):

1. Flesh without Blood
2. Life in the Vivid Dream
3. California
4. Kill V. Maim
5. Artangels
6. Pin
7. World Princess Pt. II
8. Easily
9. Venus Fly
10. Realiti
11. Butterfly

Am I the only one who is not at all bothered by Scream? I like that bass line.

I'm with you. It's not a highlight but I enjoy it for what it is. It's also only two minutes long. In a way it reminds me of Feral on The King of Limbs. That track never bothered me either.

Scream isn't the worst song I've ever heard or anything, but it doesn't belong on an album either. Should have been released as a throwaway soundcloud track.

The one track on the album that really disappoints me, and I see it made Peef's list, is Venus Fly. It's fine, but considering it has Janelle Monae on it, I expected a totally funky, bonkers collab. I can barely remember how it goes when it's over.

Am I the only one who is not at all bothered by Scream? I like that bass line.

I like it too, but I likely have more exposure to Asian language music than your average American Joe.

The only changes I'd make to the tracklist would be to remove Scream and to make Life in the Vivid Dream the final song (so that Butterfly doesn't feel like some random bonus track).

The rest is great.

Adoring this album at the moment, but I too struggle to enjoy Scream. At only two minutes long or so, it's not too much of a detractor.

Belly of the Beat, Realiti and California probably my standouts.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

The laughing... to California transition is really great. It gets the album going in a hurry.

I think realiti would work well after kill v maim.

I realli realli realli like this album

Video for Kill v Maim is out. It's as weird as you'd probably expect. I like the "Law & Order," "Blade" and "Resident Evil" references.

Last edited:
Grimes remixed "California" for the music video. Gotta say, I like the original a lot better. The guitar is sorely missed.

Wow, I really hate this version. Not sure what she was trying to do with it.

I just watched this earlier and was thinking I liked this more than the album version. :laugh:

Don't dislike the new version, but I'll definitely stick with the original.

Back
Top Bottom