Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like both of the new songs more than Know Your Enemy, but they're terrible compared to most of American Idiot, which I enjoy most of.

Tour dates are up!

green day’s upcoming tour (and on-sale) dates are as follows:

November
26th seattle, wa paramount theatre (9/14 @ 12 pm)
27th kennewick, wa toyota center (9/14 @ 10 am)
29th salem, or salem armory auditorium (9/14 @ 12 pm)

december
1st sacramento, ca memorial auditorium (9/14 @ 10 am)
2nd reno, nv grand sierra resort – grand theatre (9/14 @ 10 am)
4th santa cruz, ca santa cruz civic auditorium (9/14 @ 10 am)
10th tempe, az marquee theatre (9/14 @ 10 am)

january
7th green bay, wi resch arena (9/15 @ 10 am)
8th rosemont, il allstate arena (9/15 @ 10 am)
10th wilkes barre, pa mohegan sun arena (9/15 @ 10 am)
11th state college, pa bryce jordan center – penn state univ. (9/14 @ 10 am)
13th rochester, ny blue cross arena (9/15 @ 10 am)
14th pittsburgh, pa consol energy center (9/15 @ 10 am)
16th brooklyn, ny barclays center (9/14 @ 12 pm)
18th manchester, nh verizon wireless arena (9/15 at 12 pm)
19th uncasville, ct mohegan sun arena (9/14 @ 10 am)
21st fairfax, va patriot center (9/15 @ 10 am)
22nd philadelphia, pa liacourias center – temple university (9/15 @ 10 am)
24th providence, ri dunkin donuts center (9/15 @ 12 pm)
25th portland, me cumberland civic center (9/15 @ 12 pm)
27th quebec city, qc colisee pepsi arena (9/22 @ 10 am)
29th toronto, ont air canada centre (9/15 @ 11 am)
30th cleveland, oh wolstein center – cleveland state univ. (9/14 @ 10 am)

february
1st moline, il i wireless center (9/14 @ 10 am)
2nd madison, wi alliant energy center memorial col (9/14 @ 11 am)
4th omaha, ne centurylink arena (9/15 @ 12 pm)
6th broomfield, co 1stbank center (9/14 @ 10 am)
8th las vegas, nv mgm grand garden arena (9/14 @ 10 am)

Oh Nice! Hopefully they come to Australia sooner rather than later, I'm going to be poor late next year, so March/April/May would be perfect.

They can save Europe for the summer months :)

Weak album, but I enjoy it in a way. Hardly any highlights to speak of (this being literally the safest record in all of popular music, ever) but extraordinarily listenable, especially after that last 75 minute monstrosity. I like Nuclear Family and Angel Blue the most, I think. There are two big problems with the album:

1. The lyrics. Oh dear.
2. There are no solos, no creative arrangements, no curious chord changes, not really much of anything. The performances are so straightforward and "punk" that they come across as uninspired. For all their flaws, there were plenty of moments on the past couple albums that proved the members of Green Day were great musicians. This sounds as much like a Billy Joe Armstrong solo album as anything else; Tre does basically nothing all record.

Overall, I dunno, 5/10? If you're a diehard or just really sick of Green Day's over the top shit, you'll appreciate the straightforward melodies.

I've never heard a Billie Joe solo record so I can't comment.

However this is a step in the right direction for Green Day. I've only had one decent listen and a few plays of the other tunes. Nothing stands out as yet but it's a decent collection of tunes.

I enjoyed most of the songs I listened to from Uno. Better than 21st Century Breakdown. I like 21st, but it just seems like the mediocre sequel to American Idiot which is my favorite of theirs.

Have only had one listen through so far in the car on a road trip, and so far it was good driving tunes anyway. :up: One song at least (maybe 2... not sure, need another listen because I had distractions...) was pure Foxboro Hot Tubs. Looking forward to the next two... hoping there are differences to be found in each record rather than more of the same as Uno, but it isn't a bad record.

I'm finding this to be an enjoyable record. It's not earth-shattering but fun. A big step up from the last one which was almost unlistenable.

heard it earlier- not a huge fam of their 90's output- some of it;s great- some less so- not hugely suprised that I didn't really like this new album very much.

Definitely getting the album now haha.

Keep an eye on Amazon MP3. They do a one week sale on a new release, this week it's Pink's new album (plus the old ones). So I'm betting Green Day (or No Doubt) will be $5 this coming week.

Damn I was in Vegas on thurs and Friday staying at HRH. I Didn't even know Green Day was playing right next door. Billie Joes tirade would have been fun to see live.

Back
Top Bottom