Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The San Diego set list 8-20-09:

1. Song Of The Century
2. 21st Century Breakdown
3. Know Your Enemy
4. East Jesus Nowhere
5. Holiday
6. The Static Age
7. Before The Lobotomy
8. Are We The Waiting
9. St. Jimmy/ One Verse Of Swing Low
10. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
11. 2000 Light Years Away
12. Hitchin' A Ride
13. Welcome To Paradise
14. Disappearing Boy/ One verse of Sweet Home Alabama, I'll Be There, and Sweet Child Of Mine
15. When I Come Around
16. Brain Stew
17. Jaded
18. Longview
19. Basket Case
20. She
21. King For A Day
22. Shout/ One Verse of Wouldn't It Be Nice, Break On Through, and (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
23. 21 Guns
24. American Eulogy
Encore:
25. American Idiot
26. Minority
27. Drama Queen (yet unreleased)
28. Last Night On Earth
29. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Or we can spare the rest of the forum my fetishes and you could PM them to me, lol.

Ok I gotta finish uploading and resizing them all, and will either post or PM them.

By the way, unfortunately my daughter had just taken her camera down the moment before the full moon rose :shifty: :lol: so she missed that shot. Dangit.

Tre throws first pitch at Padres vs.Cubs game the night before

TreCoolCubsPadresBaseball8-19-09.jpg

Ok I gotta finish uploading and resizing them all, and will either post or PM them.

By the way, unfortunately my daughter had just taken her camera down the moment before the full moon rose :shifty: :lol: so she missed that shot. Dangit.
Full moon?

Tre throws first pitch at Padres vs.Cubs game the night before

TreCoolCubsPadresBaseball8-19-09.jpg
Tré and baseball? I'm in heaven. *right-click-save*

Pfft. I've seen Billie's bare ass more times than I care to.

Bad pitching form, he throws like a girl and all that, but it's Tré doing my favourite sport, so I can't complain.

Billie's rear is nothing to write home about. Neither is his front. Don't ask me how I know that. I have the photographs, but I try not to look at them. :crack: Edgefest. DO NOT WANT.

Now I want to know if the pitch made it to the catcher or not and which team won. I'll have to search YouTube later.

It's frightening how much I know about those three guys.

Some of mah pics from Saturday night :hyper:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/members/64085-albums197.html

Set List

Song of the Century
21st Century Breakdown
Know Your Enemy
East Jesus Nowhere
Holiday
The Static Age
Before The Lobotomy
Are We The Waiting
St. Jimmy
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
2000 Light Years Away
Hitchin' A Ride w/ You Really Got Me (Van Halen cover)
When I Come Around
The Judge's Daughter
Welcome To Paradise w/ Aint Talkin' Bout Love, Unchained and Crazy Train
Brain Stew
Jaded
She
Longview - sung by two memebers of the audience :shrug:
Basket Case
King For A Day
Shout w/ Satisfaction
21 Guns
Minority

Encore:
American Idiot
Jesus Of Suburbia - guitar played by someone from the audience - he was really good

Encore 2:
Last Night On Earth
Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - acoustic

The arena is really intimate though. The show was fantastic. One of the most fun bands I've been to, and I've been to a lot!

:yes: I still wish U2 was doing arenas again. Your daugher's pics are great. What kind of camera did she use? They were really really hard with cameras - I def had to sneak mine in and before the crowd got rowdy security was telling ppl to put them away (including me :angry: ). And then once the crowd gets going its so hard to get even an auto focus camera to focus!

Anyway, tell her 'great pics', Comet and glad you had fun.

:yes: I still wish U2 was doing arenas again. Your daugher's pics are great. What kind of camera did she use? They were really really hard with cameras - I def had to sneak mine in and before the crowd got rowdy security was telling ppl to put them away (including me :angry: ). And then once the crowd gets going its so hard to get even an auto focus camera to focus!

Anyway, tell her 'great pics', Comet and glad you had fun.

You got some great shots too! And thanks I will tell her. :) Her camera is a Kodak Z1012.

Yeah we had to sneak the camera in too. They frisked me down real good but didn't bother to check my hand that was holding my light jacket over the camera. :huh:
Were you in GA? You are braver than I :uhoh:

GA was, um, intense. I started out 2nd row, with my hand on the rail but wound up getting pushed back - I can't fight against crazy ppl who still thing GD is punkrock. :shrug: So I got pushed back about 10 "rows" but kept next to the catwalk thing sticking out so was still close. Towards the end, I wound up just going about 1/2 way back and relaxing, since the arena is so small.

good luck getting tix for LA - did you try the fan forum?

:uhoh: Wow you ARE a brave soul. :lol: No way in a zillion years would I have wanted to be floor at SD. There was moshing going on a lot of the time on one side, so that whole side was just dangerous. I noticed one side was much rowdier than the other. I think my days of doing that are over :crack: Devo was bad enough last summer. Big mistake!

Never was able to find tickets for LA tonight so looks like it isn't going to happen. If I lived in LA I'd go to the venue to try but I'm not going to make the drive now without tickets. Oh well. SD was awesome. :)

new stuff is growing on me. i mean, it's still catchy as fuck. that's all that really matters in a pop song, anyway. "21 guns" isn't as good as far from finished's "twenty one guns", but i quite like it. more than i probably should. hello guilty pleasure song of 2009.

In San Diego the moshing and punk rock behavior started on cue with 2000 Light Years Away and pretty much went on the rest of the show. And the new songs were :up: live.

GUESSS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?!??!? I'm going to Berkeley next month to see American Idiot - The Musical!!!! My dad's getting me tickets for me and him today and I bought my plane ticket last night.

And get this! I'm applying for a $500 grant to use what I see there in my classroom (using / adapting pop music to create an original musical). So I might actually get PAID for going!!! :hyper:

That is awesome. I am still trying to decide if I should go... :hmm: U2 is already gonna cost me some $ this fall.

In San Diego the moshing and punk rock behavior started on cue with 2000 Light Years Away and pretty much went on the rest of the show. And the new songs were :up: live.

what is punk rock behavior?

people mosh at tool shows. it's rock n roll. why wouldn't there be moshing?

Yeah sorry, I was just commenting on the post above, I know moshing is rock n roll, especially. (Read my post again, I said moshing and punk rock, not that moshing is punk rock) :shrug: Should have spelled it out more clearly. I just meant that the crowd didn't start moshing until GD went in to their older set, kind of interesting, that's all. Before that they seemed more interested in actually listening to the new songs. etc.

I'm going on the 26th - probably the 7pm (not the matinee) if you wanna join me and my dad (and maybe my niece).

Missed this before!

Thanks for the offer :cute: :hug:

Still seein' if my kids want to go, how bout you let me know how it is K? I'll await your report!

Shopping at Hot Topic

i bought it at hot topic my parents dropped me off and paid for it...get all my views from mtv. i bought...pre-packaged non-conformity, so fuck me.

ever hear the avoid one thing song they did with matt skiba from the alkaline trio? yeah. that's what that's from. funny enough, the only time i've ever been in a hot topic was when i couldn't find the re-release of ak3's goddamit. the chick working there tried to sign me up for their mailing list and didn't take too kindly to when i told her no, that's okay, i never plan on setting foot in the store again.

Back
Top Bottom