Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Erm Greenday = American so automatically shit

Apparently, there are many, many Brits that don't agree with you.

Bullet in a Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bullet in a Bible is a live CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and UMD release by Green Day, which was issued on November 15, 2005. Directed by Samuel Bayer, director of all the videos of American Idiot, Bullet in a Bible documents the two biggest shows that Green Day headlined in their career, playing to over 130,000 people at the Milton Keynes National Bowl in the UK on 18 and 19 of June, 2005. Fourteen of the twenty songs performed at these shows are included on the disc. Bullet in a Bible reached #6 in the UK and debuted at #8 in the US.
According to Rolling Stone, Bullet in a Bible was the seventh largest one-band concert in history.

Early first impression...

It's obviously tough to top American Idiot, and I don't think this does. However, I think it's quite the solid album. I'll need a few more listens to flesh out more specifics, but so far, I'm enjoying it.

And this is coming from someone who, after Dookie, totally lost interest in them until American Idiot came around.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I haven't listened yet but I also thought they will have a tough time topping a masterpiece like AI. I hoped they could at least come somewhere close to it (at least a solid album like you said). Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.

Didn't like it. Most of the songs slipped past me, and the lyrics weren't reeling me in either. It's the strangest thing, but the songs simply aren't very catchy, and that's unforgivable in this genre. The chorus of East Jesus Nowhere was pretty great, and Know Your Enemy is hummable, if disposable, but I can barely remember anything else. It's American Idiot with a longer running time, less variety, and fewer hooks.

I like their music but see them once and go away. Every show is the same. I saw them at least 6 times at festivals and everytime they play it's the exact same act!!!

Green Day are a sort of band that I -almost- like enough to buy their records, but not quite.

I've heard the two new songs from their latest and they're unlikely to change that. Know Your Enemy is kinda catchy but not anywhere as good as their singles from American Idiot.

interesting, I got 3 tix to the DC show. All tickets were the same price: $49.50 and they had the closer sections on both sides by the stage as will call only as well as the floor that was GA. My SIL and BIL are taking my son to see them on 7/29. We will be in Dublin still so can't go but my son is so excited!

We ended up with Sect. 109 (main concourse/lowest level off the floor), Row T. Couldn't do Will call cuz I wouldn't be there to show ID for the tix.

Have to say overall I'm not really enjoying the album that much save for several songs it's just average pop-punk and/or American Idiot 2. It's just too long and too much of the same

It didn't leak, Green Day made it available to their fan club a week early. THAT alone was worth the $20. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I can't imagine not liking it, though.

So a few things to ponder regarding this album...

Of the three acts that make up this narrative, the first is the weakest. Apart from the title cut, and Know Your Enemy to a lesser extent, the other songs don't seem to go anywhere. They are enjoyable enough, but certainly not on par with anything from American Idiot.

However, the last two acts more than make up for the shaky start. East Jesus Nowhere has a killer riff, Last Of The American Girls is perfect power pop, ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl) has a cool cabaret-style piano intro that doesn't sound like anything they've done before, Horseshoes And Handgrenades is a scorcher, and See The Light is the perfect closer, circling back around to the theme of the title track.

It's an ambitious record, and I like the concept they were going for. However, I will point out that as a whole, it doesn't gel as well as its predecessor. There are a few spots where I don't think the segues and/or transitions work, such as Know Your Enemy into ¡Viva la Gloria! But if you get through the rough patch in the second half of Act I, and if you are someone who liked American Idiot but don't necessarily count Green Day as one of your favorite artists, then you'll probably enjoy most of this one.

^ Thanks. I probably won't have time to listen to it until the weekend but it's nice to hear your thoughts.

One thing I don't like is their ticket presales for the tour. You can only buy 2 tickets at a time on the first day which doesn't do me any good since I need 4 seats together :( So I guess I wait and hope they open it up to allow an additional 4 to be purchased a day or two later, like they did before. Oh well!

I like their music but see them once and go away. Every show is the same. I saw them at least 6 times at festivals and everytime they play it's the exact same act!!!

This is true. But at least in the their pre-American Idiot days the sets were a bit more mixed. Can you blame a band for playing the the same setlist at a FESTIVAL though?

i like the third act the best... the album is good, i've listened to it a few times now. don't think it's as good as american idiot, but good none the less.

i think that will be the all around feeling, and that this album will suffer not neccesarily based on it's own merit but because of how good american idiot was it's almost impossible to compete with it.

i almost wish they woulda done a short old fashioned green day album with 2 1/2 minute punk songs and then did another rock opera later, just so that you could fairly judge the album.

I quite excited to listening to it! It goes on sale today right? either way I waited too long for this new release so yeah Im excited!
Will be back with my thoughts on it ;)

They are AMAZING live though! Can't wait to see them again :hyper:

Plus their movie is supposed to premiere in Los Angeles last I heard

It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! :hyper:

And I'm at work where I can't download it.

But...

It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here! It's here!

:hyper:

I am listening and enjoying it so far.

But for me, this will be like enjoying the later Star Wars movies, because I will share them with my 15-year-old daughter, who is nuts about Green Day.

I will see them this summer to take her to her first "big show," a day I have been waiting for since she was born! She was a barely walking baby when I saw them with openers Pansy Division at Cobo Arena (site of Kiss Alive) in Detroit in 1994. Pansy Division were booed, and the punks complained that Dookie was the big sell-out album. Oh the days!

Back
Top Bottom