Green Day - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #406
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 PM
watch it on mute. it's funnier on mute. Also, I don't understand what breaking his guitar was going to prove. "If I can't play all my songs, then I'm going to break the thing that I play them on. That'll show you, you big mean doodieheads!" It's like the kid who can't have ice cream for dinner threatening to hold his breath. It's iHeart Radio, for Chrissakes, not a private set.

In the immortal words of one, Mr John Lydon, who, at whatever the fuck age he is, with dayglo hair and plaid clown pants will still be more punk than Billie Joe could ever be: "You stupid cunt."

Old 09-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #407
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo
Mr John Lydon, who, at whatever the fuck age he is, with dayglo hair and plaid clown pants will still be more punk than Billie Joe could ever be

I hate to think that's true when the man sold butter in a tv commercial (never mind the whole fronting a band manufactured in the same way that boy bands are created) but you're sadly correct about this. What the fuck is that thing on his head, anyway? Looks like mofo got ahold of carrot top and tried to make a smoothie. I can't imagine how hair could look like that without having an accident involving a blender. I don't know how my general hatred for the guy meshes with the fact that I know every word to every song on never mind the bollocks, but I'll always have quite a bit of love for that album. I thought I'd mention that before I get called a republican again.

But isnt billie joe the only one these days that thinks green day is a punk rock band? And what the fuck is an iheartmusic fest? To me, that actually sounds like a festival green day, especially green day of 2012, should be playing. Sounds like a festival geared toward pre-pubescent girls, and I thought that's why the band dressed like they just left hot topic (hmm, that place is still around, right? Rich kids are still spending their parents' money there trying to be "punk rock" right? That's actually might be my favorite part about getting old, I don't have to be around any of those idiots anymore) when they came back after pretending warning didn't exist. And what group of people is more likely to throw a temper tantrum while wearing eyeliner than a 12 year old girl? There you have it folks, Billie Joe is actually a 12 year old girl.

That is pretty awesome on mute, though. Five tries to break the guitar really is funnier without the sound.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #408
The Male

Local Time: 04:06 PM
By far the funniest thing about that video is how Mike shrugs in the background during Billy Joe's rant and starts smashing his bass, even though he clearly doesn't give a shit about what Billy Joe is whining about.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #409
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
By far the funniest thing about that video is how Mike shrugs in the background during Billy Joe's rant and starts smashing his bass, even though he clearly doesn't give a shit about what Billy Joe is whining about.
Yeah, its like..."oh we're smashing stuff now, I'm in."

But the funniest part of the video is the audience shots while they are still playing Basket Case showing a few folks into the song and behind them teenage girls with their chins in their hands clearly wishing Billie Joe was in fact Justin Bieber.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #410
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I love how Tre just waits around till he's done, then leaves. Doesn't even knock over a cymbal stand. Just waits with his arms folded, then as soon as he (finally) shuts up, Tre's out of there. And this is a man who regularly set his drums on fire during the Nimrod tour, so he's not averse to wanton destruction. Even his band mates didn't give a fuck. I love Mike and I love Tre and that's 99% of the reason I love Green Day, but Billie I have just wanted to strangle since about 2005.

And Mike's effort was totally half-assed, did you see? All he did was crack the body of bass, then left it. "Oh, it cracked. Well, I'm done."
Old 09-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #411
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
I hate to think that's true when the man sold butter in a tv commercial (never mind the whole fronting a band manufactured in the same way that boy bands are created) but you're sadly correct about this. What the fuck is that thing on his head, anyway? Looks like mofo got ahold of carrot top and tried to make a smoothie. I can't imagine how hair could look like that without having an accident involving a blender. I don't know how my general hatred for the guy meshes with the fact that I know every word to every song on never mind the bollocks, but I'll always have quite a bit of love for that album. I thought I'd mention that before I get called a republican again.

But isnt billie joe the only one these days that thinks green day is a punk rock band? And what the fuck is an iheartmusic fest? To me, that actually sounds like a festival green day, especially green day of 2012, should be playing. Sounds like a festival geared toward pre-pubescent girls, and I thought that's why the band dressed like they just left hot topic (hmm, that place is still around, right? Rich kids are still spending their parents' money there trying to be "punk rock" right? That's actually might be my favorite part about getting old, I don't have to be around any of those idiots anymore) when they came back after pretending warning didn't exist. And what group of people is more likely to throw a temper tantrum while wearing eyeliner than a 12 year old girl? There you have it folks, Billie Joe is actually a 12 year old girl.

That is pretty awesome on mute, though. Five tries to break the guitar really is funnier without the sound.
I love John Lydon in the sense of being like a batshit insane uncle who never grew up. Who also makes his hair out of toothpaste.

I like your logic. Billie Joe is a 12-year-old girl.

That's what happens when you're five-foot-six, about 120 pounds, and you have no upper body strength. You have to climb up a couple of steps above the stage, plant your feet about four feet apart, stick your ass out as far as you possibly can, and then swing the guitar toward the stage. Five times. The facial expressions without being able to hear what he says are pretty epic, too. I'm afraid that if I do watch it with the sound on, and I hear him shrieking, it will be the end of my life, because I will literally not be able to stop laughing.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #412
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:36 AM
I feel bad when people who are 5 foot 6 get made fun of, I'm only marginally taller.

/little man complex
Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #413
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo
I love John Lydon in the sense of being like a batshit insane uncle who never grew up. Who also makes his hair out of toothpaste.

I like your logic. Billie Joe is a 12-year-old girl.

That's what happens when you're five-foot-six, about 120 pounds, and you have no upper body strength. You have to climb up a couple of steps above the stage, plant your feet about four feet apart, stick your ass out as far as you possibly can, and then swing the guitar toward the stage. Five times. The facial expressions without being able to hear what he says are pretty epic, too. I'm afraid that if I do watch it with the sound on, and I hear him shrieking, it will be the end of my life, because I will literally not be able to stop laughing.
He most certainly is batshit crazy. Although he's one of those people who sometimes I wonder how batshit crazy he really is, and how much of it is just the image.

You don't actually hear anything while he's smashing it. Other than the Pete Townshend voice in my head that chuckles and goes, "dear god man, what the fuck are you doing?" cos that's what I hear.

I was about five foot six and 120 lbs when I was 12, see? 12 year old girl. Except we had a water softner and I could carry two of the 40 lbs bags of salt for the thing down to the basement by myself when I was 12...
Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #414
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post
Like the bridge in "Rusty James" is the same goddamn melody from the slow part of "Before The Lobotomy" then it morphs into the melody from "Scattered" right at the end.
, Billie,
Old 09-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #415
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
He most certainly is batshit crazy. Although he's one of those people who sometimes I wonder how batshit crazy he really is, and how much of it is just the image.

You don't actually hear anything while he's smashing it. Other than the Pete Townshend voice in my head that chuckles and goes, "dear god man, what the fuck are you doing?" cos that's what I hear.

I was about five foot six and 120 lbs when I was 12, see? 12 year old girl. Except we had a water softner and I could carry two of the 40 lbs bags of salt for the thing down to the basement by myself when I was 12...
I've decided I simply MUST make a gif of the five tries to smash the guitar.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #416
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 04:06 PM
Yes. Do it.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #417
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Yes. Do it.
GIFsoup is not cooperating. I'm trying.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #419
Blue Crack Addict

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4165717&type=1

Enter to win one of the guitars Billie couldn't break!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #420
Blue Crack Supplier

Tags
green day