Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotta say, I only like a few songs from this on first listen. Will see if that changes moving forward. Unlike most others, I prefer the last album.

This will probably be a scenario where the best tracks from all three albums will make one great single disc.

I bought 21st Century Breakdown since it was $5 on amazon mp3 last week. Like it more than I thought. Especially Viva La Gloria [Little Girl]. Amazon bonus comes with a Live version of Burnout from Dookie to boot as a 19th track.

Know Your Enemy was definitely not a good choice for a first single, like Get On Your Boots. So many better deep tracks.

I still like 21st CB, liked it when it came out too. I absolutely love Peacemaker. :love: And I like early Green Day too. But I also love 80's U2 and 00's U2. Diversity in a band's sound over the years doesn't bother me, I like they way both bands have grown, changed, whatever. I don't mind if they revisit their past sometimes either. I don't know... when I really like a band a lot, I pretty much enjoy most of what they do. I guess that's the reason they become favorite bands to begin with. I like most of their music.

Yeah, I can guarantee I won't be able to be that nice about the new dropkick murphys album.

Indeed, you were kind, Reggo, :lol:, but you've almost tempted me into at least listening to Tre!

Mwahahahaha. It worked! Just kidding.

Tre is good. Is it the best of the three? No. But none of them are necessarily "better" than the others. Even with Lady Cobra and Nightlife. Maybe I'll tack on the "essential" tracks from each to the end after I give it another listen. Seriosuly, though, The Forgotten is amaze-balls. After all this time, Green Day managed to surprise me, and in a good way.

Just listened to Tre after being disappointed by the Uno and Dos months ago, annnnndddd... I actually really enjoyed it :) Maybe I'll go back to the other ones at some point, but that'll be after I'm done digging through Split Enz's discography :wink:

I listened to two of the songs you mentioned Reggo and I actually enjoyed them. :up:

I'll listen to the entire album at some point.

I like Tre the most of the trio by far. It's not great or anything, but without anything totally shitty like Kill the DJ or Fuck Time it comes across pretty well, and most of the first half is really upbeat and hooky. X-Kid is awesome. I also think this album is more instrumentally interesting than the rest of the trio; performance-wise, Tre himself has some great moments. Song-wise, I don't really like anything from Walk Away on that much, but again, nothing here is all that bad.

Who's producing their music these days though? All three albums sound terrible, and this one possibly the worst of all. It's just really thin and crappy with no dynamics.

I like Tre the most of the trio by far. It's not great or anything, but without anything totally shitty like Kill the DJ or Fuck Time it comes across pretty well, and most of the first half is really upbeat and hooky. X-Kid is awesome. I also think this album is more instrumentally interesting than the rest of the trio; performance-wise, Tre himself has some great moments. Song-wise, I don't really like anything from Walk Away on that much, but again, nothing here is all that bad.

Who's producing their music these days though? All three albums sound terrible, and this one possibly the worst of all. It's just really thin and crappy with no dynamics.

Rob Cavallo & Green Day...so in other words, Rob Cavallo and Billie Joe. Rob has produced every Green Day album since Dookie, save for Breakdown, Warning, Bullet In a Bible, Awesome as Fuck, and International Superhits.

I'm still sort of disappointed Dos wasn't more of a Mike Dirnt album with more of an 80's/Network-y vibe and his subtly hilarious lyrics and Tre wasn't just drum solos and songs Tre wrote about whatever random shit happened to be on his mind that day sung by the man himself. But yeah. Not much variation in the way of instruments. Billie and Jason play guitars, Mike plays his bass, Tre plays his drum kit. There's strings and piano on a couple of songs, but otherwise, instrumentally, it's kind of just straightforward.

saw a tweet yesterday from the official green day fan site that Green Day will be announcing the rescheduled US tour dates real soon.. I will post here as soon as I see it.

Back
Top Bottom