Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I've been around since 1988". If he had been in rehab back then, maybe Pete Townshend could have taught him how to smash his guitar properly on the first try.

This sounds as much like a Billy Joe Armstrong solo album as anything else

This is probably the most accurate review I can give of Uno. HOWEVER. Mike's a strong songwriter, so maybe Dos will contain songs written and sung by the Dirnt himself. And Tre will be filled with songs similar to Dominated Love Slave, Like A Rat Does Cheese, DUI, Food Around The Corner, Hungry Hungry Models, etc., in other words, silly shit written by Tre that doesn't sound like typical Green Day. Maybe he'll even get to sing. (A fan girl can dream, can't she?)

..."Carpe Diem"...GODDAMNIT. You ripped off your own riff from "Suffocate" from Shenanigans. Well, I guess I should say Jason White is playing the riff from "Suffocate". Sigh. Maybe I can let this slide.

ETA: I keep pausing it cause I'll hear something familiar in one of the songs and turns out it's a phrase or a couple of bars from an earlier Green Day song. It's detracting from the listening experience. Like the bridge in "Rusty James" is the same goddamn melody from the slow part of "Before The Lobotomy" then it morphs into the melody from "Scattered" right at the end.

"Let Yourself Go": What the shit? Never mind, I'm not letting "carpe Diem" slide. This gets a bit hazy in the middle, doesn't it?

Well, yeah, this is better than Breakdown and a throwback to, say, the Nimrod/Warning era. And you're right, traviud, Tre does nothing interesting all record. Maybe he's saving it for Tre. Haha, what if Tre turns out to be an album-length crazy drum solo or something?

iUno! Verdict: Shut up and take my money. But stop ripping yourselves off.

I heard oh love on the radio like sixty three times the other night. Actually, probably only four or five, and I really only listened to the entire song once because once was enough. That song is kind of terrible.

Holy shit, how had I not seen that rant until now?

Wow, that is embarrassing for him. He comes off as completely sad and bitter. Good luck in rehab, man. Stay there for a while.

I heard oh love on the radio like sixty three times the other night. Actually, probably only four or five, and I really only listened to the entire song once because once was enough. That song is kind of terrible.
Yes, yes it is. Also 90 percent sure it, too, borrows parts of its melody from earlier Green Day songs.
Holy shit, how had I not seen that rant until now?

Wow, that is embarrassing for him. He comes off as completely sad and bitter. Good luck in rehab, man. Stay there for a while.
I need to watch it, but on mute, because I know what he sounds like when he loses his shit, and he usually sounds like a douchenozzle. But also because I want to see what Mike and Tre are doing, if anything.

The tantrum video keeps getting funnier every time I see it. And that's all it is. Billie Joe throwing a temper tantrum 'cause bad, owd Ushew took too much time. Awww.

Goddamn it, Billie Joe. If you were a true punk, you know what you should've done? I can think of at least three.

1) Interrupted Usher's concert when he went over this time limit and pulled some shit.

2) Somehow managed to fit all of your planned songs into the shortened time.

3) Shortened your set and slagged off Usher for taking too much time.

I realize all of these would've required him to not being getting blitzed backstage and paying attention to the sets. 1 could've started a riot, which would be the punkest thing since the 94 Woodstock Mud War he's done, though I don't think Mike would want to get his front teeth knocked out again. 2 requires more musical skill than Billie's capable of (even sober), although I think Jason White was there, so he easily could've picked up the slack. And 3 would require Billie Joe to not be a complete and utter egotistical douchenozzle who goes around saying that he IS Green Day. What are Mike and Tre, just your back-up band? You fucker. You know what else isn't punk? Running away to rehab. How many of your punk idols have ranted at people onstage and then went about their lives, continuing to say 'Fuck you' to the establishment? I bet you every single goddamn one of them. But maybe it was Warner/Reprise and your handlers who insisted you go to rehab as a chance to save face. I don't know. If he does legitimately have a problem, I hope he gets better.

And is it just me, or is him trying and failing to break his guitar just kind of adorable? I mean, he's a little guy, he had to plant his feet like four feet apart, and even then he barely broke it. It just added to the sight, making him look even more like a little kid crying about not getting his way.

Goddamn it, Billie Joe. If you were a true punk...

...you wouldn't be playing the iHeartRadio Music Festival. You wouldn't be caught dead within 1,000 miles of the venue.

Bon Jovi, Pitbull, and Taylor Swift played the same festival.

Back in August was in the car with the fam on a Saturday, 'AAF on the radio and the weekend DJ says, "we've got the new Green Day song, this song is awesome (or something to that effect)"...and then I hear "oh love.." couldn't switch the station fast enough.
Terrible may be too kind.

Trying to break the guitar was hilarious. The rest of his rant was just lame. Plenty of other over-indulged popstars (because that's all he is at this point) have gotten drunk and been taped spewing far more verbose and creative rants, poor billie only seems to have about five words in his vocabulary. He doesn't know how to rant properly, sucks at breaking his guitar, and fails at writing catchy pop punk songs.

And the eyeliner looks even more ridiculous now than it did back when american idiot came out. at least with that bloated, over-blown piece of crap and the pseudo-political stance he took during the bush administration, as an ex-fan I had something myself to rant about (even if reading that particular post now scares me and I'm not even sure I understand completely what I was talking about). Now I can't even say he really needs to call it a day and be done with anger. I'm too busy laughing at how pathetic he is.

watch it on mute. it's funnier on mute. Also, I don't understand what breaking his guitar was going to prove. "If I can't play all my songs, then I'm going to break the thing that I play them on. That'll show you, you big mean doodieheads!" It's like the kid who can't have ice cream for dinner threatening to hold his breath. It's iHeart Radio, for Chrissakes, not a private set.

In the immortal words of one, Mr John Lydon, who, at whatever the fuck age he is, with dayglo hair and plaid clown pants will still be more punk than Billie Joe could ever be: "You stupid cunt."

Reggo said:
Mr John Lydon, who, at whatever the fuck age he is, with dayglo hair and plaid clown pants will still be more punk than Billie Joe could ever be

I hate to think that's true when the man sold butter in a tv commercial (never mind the whole fronting a band manufactured in the same way that boy bands are created) but you're sadly correct about this. What the fuck is that thing on his head, anyway? Looks like mofo got ahold of carrot top and tried to make a smoothie. I can't imagine how hair could look like that without having an accident involving a blender. I don't know how my general hatred for the guy meshes with the fact that I know every word to every song on never mind the bollocks, but I'll always have quite a bit of love for that album. I thought I'd mention that before I get called a republican again.

But isnt billie joe the only one these days that thinks green day is a punk rock band? And what the fuck is an iheartmusic fest? To me, that actually sounds like a festival green day, especially green day of 2012, should be playing. Sounds like a festival geared toward pre-pubescent girls, and I thought that's why the band dressed like they just left hot topic (hmm, that place is still around, right? Rich kids are still spending their parents' money there trying to be "punk rock" right? That's actually might be my favorite part about getting old, I don't have to be around any of those idiots anymore) when they came back after pretending warning didn't exist. And what group of people is more likely to throw a temper tantrum while wearing eyeliner than a 12 year old girl? There you have it folks, Billie Joe is actually a 12 year old girl.

That is pretty awesome on mute, though. Five tries to break the guitar really is funnier without the sound.

By far the funniest thing about that video is how Mike shrugs in the background during Billy Joe's rant and starts smashing his bass, even though he clearly doesn't give a shit about what Billy Joe is whining about.

By far the funniest thing about that video is how Mike shrugs in the background during Billy Joe's rant and starts smashing his bass, even though he clearly doesn't give a shit about what Billy Joe is whining about.

Yeah, its like..."oh we're smashing stuff now, I'm in."

But the funniest part of the video is the audience shots while they are still playing Basket Case showing a few folks into the song and behind them teenage girls with their chins in their hands clearly wishing Billie Joe was in fact Justin Bieber.

I love how Tre just waits around till he's done, then leaves. Doesn't even knock over a cymbal stand. Just waits with his arms folded, then as soon as he (finally) shuts up, Tre's out of there. And this is a man who regularly set his drums on fire during the Nimrod tour, so he's not averse to wanton destruction. Even his band mates didn't give a fuck. I love Mike and I love Tre and that's 99% of the reason I love Green Day, but Billie I have just wanted to strangle since about 2005.

And Mike's effort was totally half-assed, did you see? All he did was crack the body of bass, then left it. "Oh, it cracked. Well, I'm done."

I hate to think that's true when the man sold butter in a tv commercial (never mind the whole fronting a band manufactured in the same way that boy bands are created) but you're sadly correct about this. What the fuck is that thing on his head, anyway? Looks like mofo got ahold of carrot top and tried to make a smoothie. I can't imagine how hair could look like that without having an accident involving a blender. I don't know how my general hatred for the guy meshes with the fact that I know every word to every song on never mind the bollocks, but I'll always have quite a bit of love for that album. I thought I'd mention that before I get called a republican again.

But isnt billie joe the only one these days that thinks green day is a punk rock band? And what the fuck is an iheartmusic fest? To me, that actually sounds like a festival green day, especially green day of 2012, should be playing. Sounds like a festival geared toward pre-pubescent girls, and I thought that's why the band dressed like they just left hot topic (hmm, that place is still around, right? Rich kids are still spending their parents' money there trying to be "punk rock" right? That's actually might be my favorite part about getting old, I don't have to be around any of those idiots anymore) when they came back after pretending warning didn't exist. And what group of people is more likely to throw a temper tantrum while wearing eyeliner than a 12 year old girl? There you have it folks, Billie Joe is actually a 12 year old girl.

That is pretty awesome on mute, though. Five tries to break the guitar really is funnier without the sound.
I love John Lydon in the sense of being like a batshit insane uncle who never grew up. Who also makes his hair out of toothpaste.

I like your logic. Billie Joe is a 12-year-old girl.

That's what happens when you're five-foot-six, about 120 pounds, and you have no upper body strength. You have to climb up a couple of steps above the stage, plant your feet about four feet apart, stick your ass out as far as you possibly can, and then swing the guitar toward the stage. Five times. The facial expressions without being able to hear what he says are pretty epic, too. I'm afraid that if I do watch it with the sound on, and I hear him shrieking, it will be the end of my life, because I will literally not be able to stop laughing.

I feel bad when people who are 5 foot 6 get made fun of, I'm only marginally taller.

/little man complex

Reggo said:
I love John Lydon in the sense of being like a batshit insane uncle who never grew up. Who also makes his hair out of toothpaste.

I like your logic. Billie Joe is a 12-year-old girl.

That's what happens when you're five-foot-six, about 120 pounds, and you have no upper body strength. You have to climb up a couple of steps above the stage, plant your feet about four feet apart, stick your ass out as far as you possibly can, and then swing the guitar toward the stage. Five times. The facial expressions without being able to hear what he says are pretty epic, too. I'm afraid that if I do watch it with the sound on, and I hear him shrieking, it will be the end of my life, because I will literally not be able to stop laughing.

He most certainly is batshit crazy. Although he's one of those people who sometimes I wonder how batshit crazy he really is, and how much of it is just the image.

You don't actually hear anything while he's smashing it. Other than the Pete Townshend voice in my head that chuckles and goes, "dear god man, what the fuck are you doing?" cos that's what I hear.

I was about five foot six and 120 lbs when I was 12, see? 12 year old girl. Except we had a water softner and I could carry two of the 40 lbs bags of salt for the thing down to the basement by myself when I was 12...

He most certainly is batshit crazy. Although he's one of those people who sometimes I wonder how batshit crazy he really is, and how much of it is just the image.

You don't actually hear anything while he's smashing it. Other than the Pete Townshend voice in my head that chuckles and goes, "dear god man, what the fuck are you doing?" cos that's what I hear.

I was about five foot six and 120 lbs when I was 12, see? 12 year old girl. Except we had a water softner and I could carry two of the 40 lbs bags of salt for the thing down to the basement by myself when I was 12...

I've decided I simply MUST make a gif of the five tries to smash the guitar.

Smashgif.gif

Back
Top Bottom