Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First single "Oh Love" out July 16th.

GreenDayUnoDosTre.jpg

I love how they're (almost) pulling the same faces in the picture as on the covers.

I could go into my fangirl hyper-analysis of the picture and everything, but I won't.

OK, allow me one fangirl moment.

Yay, Tré shaved whatever facial hair he had for the album cover pic.

I love how they're (almost) pulling the same faces in the picture as on the covers.

I could go into my fangirl hyper-analysis of the picture and everything, but I won't.

OK, allow me one fangirl moment.

Yay, Tré shaved whatever facial hair he had for the album cover pic.

Ha! I didn't even notice that but you're right about their faces. :D

It's weird. With this picture, I'm actually optimistic about the triple release.

Each album's probably like a half hour long, so it's probably only like 15 minutes longer than the last album.

Well, like trojanchick said, it can't be worse than 21st Century Breakdown.

I really liked the last album....I'm not convinced that anyone can release 3 albums of new material in that space of time- unless quality control has been forgotten

the single is quite good though

from what they played in that interview (from BJ's iphone hahaha), new songs.. I thought they were really good.. and am excited about these albums and the tour!:hyper:

Dookie in full? How about Insomniac or Warning? I mean, Dookie's okay, but I usually skip the first three songs, that version of Welcome to Paradise only works because Tre played guitar and Billie played drums (which would be fun to see), and other than Emenius Sleepus, Coming Clean, and Basketcase, the rest of the album's kind of unremarkable. :shrug: Opinion, not fact.

Dookie's their biggest album I guess, or at least was until American Idiot landed.

I'd personally live to see them do Nimrod instead, that's always been my favourite.

I kind of feel the same way as you do about falling out with them. Definitely not as big a fan as you were and I'm trying to be optimistic about the new album, but yeah, Oh Love sucks. Still, I thought the 21 Century Breakdown singles were among the worst on the final album, hence the cautious optimism.

Dookie's their biggest album I guess, or at least was until American Idiot landed.

I'd personally live to see them do Nimrod instead, that's always been my favourite.

I kind of feel the same way as you do about falling out with them. Definitely not as big a fan as you were and I'm trying to be optimistic about the new album, but yeah, Oh Love sucks. Still, I thought the 21 Century Breakdown singles were among the worst on the final album, hence the cautious optimism.

I've heard two other songs besides Oh Love and those were actually decent. Kind of reminded me of the good old Green Day days. I just think they struggle sometimes with picking their lead-off single. Insomniac they led with Geek Stink Breath, Nimrod was Hitchin' A Ride, and then Breakdown they did Know Your Enemy. I almost want to tweet Billie Joe and say, "Before you release any more songs from Uno, let a fan listen to it and give you some feedback on what the next single could be. Not saying you have to agree, just take it under advisement."

Back
Top Bottom