Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tre throws first pitch at Padres vs.Cubs game the night before

TreCoolCubsPadresBaseball8-19-09.jpg

Tré and baseball? I'm in heaven. *right-click-save*

One more for you (from Rolling Stone this week)

TreCoolPadresSanDiego8-2009.jpg

Saw Green Day on the last night of their UK tour, it was pretty cool, they were the first band I ever saw live back in the day haha, so yeah, full on nostalgia. A really fun, energetic live band. I was right on the rail which was cool, with no queueing aswell!

P1040170.jpg

P1040177.jpg

P1040178.jpg

Tre and I shared a moment it was amazing, I pointed at him and laughed and he shot me the biggest sex criminal look I've ever seen, managed to photo it too! What a legend.

P1040181.jpg

P1040187.jpg

P1040193.jpg

P1040219.jpg

P1040226.jpg

P1040227.jpg

P1040234.jpg

P1040237.jpg

P1040239.jpg

... and loads more which I'll upload soon, I'll always buy Green Day tickets when they tour, always so much fun.

saw them in Manchester.
great show

can't decide Manchester or Wembley next year....

Green Day in San Diego last night. They always make for a fun night. :dance: :)

Setlist:

Intro- Song of the Century
21st Century Breakdown
Know Your Enemy
East Jesus Nowhere
Holiday
Nice Guys Finish Last
Platypus (I Hate You)
Give Me Novacaine
Letterbomb
Are We the Waiting
St. Jimmy
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Cigarettes And Valentines
Geek Stink Breath
Going To Pasalacqua
The Judge's Daughter
Paper Lanterns
2000 Light Years Away
Hitchin' a Ride
Dominated Love Slave
Hitchin' A Ride
When I Come Around
Medley - Iron Man / Master of Puppets/ Rock 'N Roll / Ain't talkin' Bout Love/ Eruption/ Baba O'Riley / Highway to Hell
Brain Stew
Jaded
Longview
Basket Case
She
King for a Day
Shout - Cover[The Isley Brothers]
Stand By Me / Break on Through (To the Other Side) / All The Small Things / Hey Jude
21 Guns
American Eulogy

Encore:

American Idiot
Jesus of Suburbia

Encore2:

When It's Time
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Some of our photos :)

Opening act: AFI

AFI9-2-20101seapeny.jpg

AFI9-2-20102seapeny.jpg

AFI9-2-20103seapeny.jpg

AFI9-2-20104seapeny.jpg

AFI9-2-20105seapeny.jpg

The bunny

GreenDay9-2-2010seapeny1.jpg

One thing's for sure about them, they work hard to put on an amazing show every time, Billie Joe's energy is nuts. They always also have a genuinely good time out there too, lots of laughs together.
True. They're awesome live, even though I'm not a big fan of their studio work.

Looks like a great show, comet, and FUN!!! Did your daughter take those pics? I swear, she needs to go pro! :)

"Dominated Love Slave" -- :drool::drool::drool:

Green Day was in Detroit on August 23rd. I can't believe I missed them.:angry: They're definitely in my top 10 bands. I love them, and they put on an incredible live show. Plus, Billie Joe is a FILF.:drool:

BC, those pictures are amazing!

Great pics, BC!!

I saw Green Day in Irvine on Tuesday and was so blown away. The stage, the energy, the showmanship, the interactiom with the crowd were all so amazing.

This was how I felt too. Saw them last month for the first time. Such a great show, amazing energy and the interaction was fab. And playing for 2 and 3/4 hrs is pretty damn cool too.:up:

i like green day a lot, but i don't quite understand why they still act as if they're a trio and don't just add the other dudes to the band. perhaps it's a writing thing.

Yeah I have no idea about that either, and I'm not "into" them enough to have ever really tried to find out why. I do know that all Green Day albums are songs/and or lyrics written by BJA and music composed by Green Day, so Green Day being just the 3 of them makes that simple. But it is probably the reason the other bands like Foxboro Hot Tubs and Pinhead Gunpowder exist, to give these other musicians full credit in a band that they are full members of. Especially Foxboro Hot Tubs whose members include BJ, Mike, Tre, Jason White, and Jason Freese (and another guitarist Kevin Preston). (Jason White is also a member of Pinhead Gunpowder)
My guess (and what it seems) is that the other guys on stage with Green Day are there as touring musicians only and have nothing to do with the creative process of the music up to that point. :shrug:

Billie Joe must have really enjoyed his role in the show recently. He's coming back for more!

Billie Joe Armstrong returns to the cast of American Idiot for 50 performances only as St. Jimmy, starting January 1, 2011 through February 27, 2011.

See list below for specific dates:

January 1 – 2 - Saturday @ 2pm & 8pm, Sunday @ 3pm & 7:30pm
January 4 – 9 - Tuesday @ 7pm, Wednesday - Friday @ 8pm, Wednesday @ 2pm, Saturday @ 2pm & 8pm, Sunday @ 3pm
January 18 – 30 - Tuesday @ 7pm, Wednesday - Friday @ 8pm, Saturday @ 2pm & 8pm, Sunday @ 3pm & 7:30pm
February 10 – 13 - Thursday - Friday @ 8pm, Saturday @ 2pm & 8pm, Sunday @ 3pm & 7:30pm
February 15 – 27 - Tuesday @ 7pm, Wednesday - Friday @ 8pm, Saturday @ 2pm & 8pm, Sunday @ 3pm & 7:30pm

Please note that Billie Joe Armstrong will not appear as St. Jimmy from January 11 to January 16 and from February 1 to February 9.

For more information please visit American Idiot – Billie Joe Armstrong returns to the cast as St. Jimmy for 50 performances only!

From website Green Day Authority:

Amazon.com has listed Green Day's upcoming live album and DVD as "Awesome as Fuck" and it's release date set for March 15, 2011.

The live album was first announced by Billie Joe on Twitter earlier this year, and we later confirmed a DVD was coming along with it. Our current understanding is that the album will include shows from all over the world during the 21st Century Breakdown tour, but the DVD will be a recording of from two shows Green Day played in Tokyo.

We have not confirmed this with the band yet, and no final setlist or list of shows that will be included have been announced.

The CD/DVD is currently available for pre-order for $20 from Amazon.

awesomeasfuck_banner.png

Amazon.com: Awesome As F**k [CD+DVD]: Green Day: Music

Back
Top Bottom