GRAMMYs 2016 Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 needs to stop going to fast food places and museums and get back in the studio and win more Grammys!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's now TWICE Kendrick has made a phenomenal album and twice he's been beaten by safe white music. What a fucking joke.

What did Taylor say?

The Gaga performance was great, the focus seemed to be on fun, agree that I'd rather see her take on Life on Mars? with the soaring vocals but it was a lot of fun. Great to watch.

Life on Mars would have been weird. It was performed by Jessica Lange brilliantly on American Horror Story a couple years back. Gaga replaced Jessica Lange on American Horror Story this year. It would have been weird if that was the only song she did. This is my twisted pop culture logic.

They'll probably still get nominated, but I doubt they'll keep winning. Has anyone broken their record yet?

Their record is only for bands. For individual artists, there are others with more. Beyonce already has 20, only 2 less than U2. And she's clearly going to win more in the long run than they are.

Among active male artists, Kanye already has 21.

Also, the only Grammy that David Bowie has won is for Best Music Video for Blue Jean. :|

And he didn't even have a single nomination prior to Let's Dance.

Hey

we forgot about one very special album

it was the greatest rock album of 2015 according to the Grammys

nothing else involving guitars came close

peak rock artistry

here goes

drones.jpg

Muse, Slipknot, Death Cab, some band I haven't heard of and that James Bay guy with the really bad falsetto. He was boring as fuck in that performance tonight.

Muse vs. Slipknot was a thing in 2016.

Hey

we forgot about one very special album

it was the greatest rock album of 2015 according to the Grammys

nothing else involving guitars came close

peak rock artistry

here goes

drones.jpg
Fuck that, Death Cab would have been a better choice.

Muse, Slipknot, Death Cab, some band I haven't heard of and that James Bay guy with the really bad falsetto. He was boring as fuck in that performance tonight.

Muse vs. Slipknot was a thing in 2016.
That guy who did the duet with the girl? He sounded like someone kicked him in the balls right before he went on.

That guy who did the duet with the girl? He sounded like someone kicked him in the balls right before he went on.

That sing-off they had at the end sounded like a couple of cats trying to murder each other in a back alley.

James_Bay.jpg

The Grammys needed an extra nominee, so they spliced together Beck and Jack White's DNA to create this guy.

Also, the only Grammy that David Bowie has won is for Best Music Video for Blue Jean. :|

And he didn't even have a single nomination prior to Let's Dance.

Well we all know how the Grammy voters can be. The Beatles only have 9 and a couple came after they broke up for the videos like Anthology.

My favorite moment was probably the Bowie tribute. Those songs are all so fucking brilliant. So many great tunes in such a short stretch.

Oh and the random kid playing piano.

Overall it was pretty lame as usual.

I keep reading that Adele's performance was bad, but it wasn't really that bad outside of the two technical issues.

I mean, it was a better vocal than James Bay or Justin Bieber's.

Gaga was the better vocalist tonight though.

Yeah, I mean, fuck. It's not a big deal anyway. I think Adele has proven that she's a damn good singer. One performance that was a bit shaky...whatever.

Was it the mic drop inside the piano that created that odd percussion sound during Adele's performance?

Well we all know how the Grammy voters can be. The Beatles only have 9 and a couple came after they broke up for the videos like Anthology.

Well rock music wasn't even considered award-worthy before them. I think the fact that they won Album Of The Year for Sgt. Peppers was big enough of a win to make up for any lack of quantity.

Their first wins were for Best New Artist and Vocal Group Performance for A Hard Day's Night in 1965. Their next two albums high received Album of the Year noms for the following two years, and they won Song of the Year for Michelle. The year after that they won for Peppers, and followed it with two more AOTY noms for Magical Mystery Tour and Abbey Road. So that's 5 AOTY noms in 5 years, which is totally insane.

how did you think of Lady gaga's performance?

and I have not seen the main award winners. so don't worry if I appear so oblivious.

Back
Top Bottom