GRAMMYs 2016 Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What did Kendrick perform? And what was the Bowie tribute?

Gaga played a medley with a bunch of his songs. Space Oddity, Ziggy Stardust, Changes, Rebel Rebel, Fame, Young Americans, Heroes and some other stuff I'm missing.

Oh, and Kendrick performed The Blacker the Berry, Alright and I think a new song. Just caught the video (link on pitchfork) and it was amazing.

It took me a long while to figure out the Alabama Shakes singer was a she :reject:

Her firing shots at Kanye almost made it worthwhile.

Haha people thinking that she was firing shots at Kanye is hilarious. It was a pretty non-specific message about female empowerment in the music industry. It wasn't aimed at one single person. It was aimed a bunch of motherfuckers.

Tay is now the only artist other than Shuttlecock to be win multiple Album Of The Year awards since Paul Simon with Graceland, if I'm not mistaken.

That's now TWICE Kendrick has made a phenomenal album and twice he's been beaten by safe white music. What a fucking joke.

What did Taylor say?

The Gaga performance was great, the focus seemed to be on fun, agree that I'd rather see her take on Life on Mars? with the soaring vocals but it was a lot of fun. Great to watch.

Haha people thinking that she was firing shots at Kanye is hilarious. It was a pretty non-specific message about female empowerment in the music industry. It wasn't aimed at one single person. It was aimed a bunch of motherfuckers.

When people...:censored:

Try to take credit...:angry:

FOR YOUR FAME :mad:

Nah, she was mostly talking about Kanye.

Yeah now that I think about she was talking about that line in "Famous". Also talking about other motherfuckers too, though. In the parlance of our times.

Back
Top Bottom