gogol bordello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absolutely love them, but cannot recommend any of the records. They're just not very good. In fact, that's a spectacular understatement. They're oftentimes too boring to tolerate. I've fallen asleep during the non-"Start Wearing Purple" parts of their albums. SEE THEM LIVE, though, and it will all become clear. They are clearly one of the greatest bands in the universe, and they will destroy all your notions of what it means to be brutally perfect, and they will rape and pillage your world, once your see them live.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this. I saw a trailer for some movie (possibly directed by Madonna...?) starring Eugene Hutz, the other day. What the fuckin' fuck?

I saw them at Reading in 2006, I wasn't expecting much (having listened to their music and thought it not to my taste...) but they really came alive, live :D

i thought multi kontra culti vs irony was decent when it came out, but then i forgot about them til i heard start wearing purple at the end of...some movie and thought, gee, that sounds awfully familiar, what was that gogol band called again? i think it was everything is illuminated? with elijah wood. good movie. annoying song. contrived and gimmicky band, however i have not seen them live (passed on free tickets when they came around here, i have no desire to see them live). the whole "gypsy punk" thing is more lame than the irish punk fad (i guess it's good that there aren't dozens of other bands trying to cash in on the sound, though).

I've got Gypsy Punks: Underdog World Strike and Super Taranta! and enjoy both, though usually in small doses as their sound and Eugene Hutz' rather cartoonish delivery can get tiring after a while. Would absolutely love to see them live :drool:

Back
Top Bottom