Gnarls Barkley covers Radiohead's "Reckoner" (live)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty cool. Watching it just makes me think of how awesome RH's original is, though. God I love this song.

I remember Laz posted this in the Radiohead thread a while ago... or was it the Random Music thread? :scratch:

Random music thread I think, during the summer.

I'm still ticked they never released it officially as a b-side, it sounds absolutely perfect. Gnarls should just do a Radiohead cover album or something. Go back and listen to the original after the cover and you'll think Thom can't sing with crap.

Still the best tune on In Rainbows.

Agreed. It's been my favorite since the album first came out. The first minute of the song is pure perfection.

the drums + the guitar + the falsetto = :drool:

I'm tellin ya there's somethin about the drums on the studio version of this song. I don't know how they captured that sound but they did and I'm damn glad they did.

Things like this are perfect proof of why the "Random music thread" can be bad sometimes. Things that regularly would have received a number of comments or views had they been in a thread specific to that artist get passed over.

I don't know if I've ever been in the Random Music thread, for the same reason I don't know if I've ever been in the Random Movie thread. Too random. :reject:

THAT WAS FUCKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper::love::drool:

i was never a huge fan of Gnarls but he just went up on my list. He did a great job and it sounded great. He stayed true to the song making it soar!

Reckoner is FAV song evah! so damn beautiful!:drool:

the NBC show called Life had this song on towards the end of the show a couple weeks back.. :up:

Agreed. It's been my favorite since the album first came out. The first minute of the song is pure perfection.

the drums + the guitar + the falsetto = :drool:

I'm tellin ya there's somethin about the drums on the studio version of this song. I don't know how they captured that sound but they did and I'm damn glad they did.

yeah i agree with you here. :up: The studio version is amazing..

Ok cover, not a big fan of that vocalist guy much, that Crazy song gave me the shits....

It's a credit to ReckoneR as a song, one of Radiohead's finest moments.....top three for me......

It's up there for me too. Probably in my Top 5 Radiohead songs.

It doesn't stand a chance but I'd be cool with it winning this little Radiohead Survivor thing we got goin on right now.

Ok cover, not a big fan of that vocalist guy much, that Crazy song gave me the shits....

I think we are musical opposites. Even when we like or dislike the same artist or song, the reasons why seem to differ so greatly that it's actually somewhat humorous. Nothing wrong with any of that, I've just noticed it for a while. Do you think it's craaaaaaazzzyyyy? I think it's craaaaazzzzyyyyyyy. Maybe it's craaaaazzzzyyyyy. Probably.

Good cover. The vocals were a bit too "i'm going to sing everything at the same volume, and that volume is slightly too loud" for me, but I can't deny the man has pipes. Good stuff. :up:

Back
Top Bottom